Albums of 2023

Miguel Sanchez

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, betting competition said:

Liking the new album from Baxter Dury but only 10 songs on it with a total of 27 minutes 31 seconds is disappointing. 

Sounds good to me.  It may be an age thing, but 60 minute albums really try my patience.

On 28/04/2023 at 20:20, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's good.

Been listening to First two pages of of Frankenstein  more and more the last couple of weeks, im really enjoying it (much more than i expected on first listen) The Alcott is a stunning song Taylor Swifts vocal is just fantastic 

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

Suicide and Sunshine released by Trophy Eyes today. Going to take something special to beat this one for my AOTY. Forgot how much I loved them until I seen their name on the lineup for a couple festivals I've been to this summer and went back and listened to their discography all over again.

On 23/05/2023 at 13:12, fuzzydunlop said:

The new album by Edgar jones (of Liverpool greats The Stairs) is fantastic.  Production is cracking if you like a classic 1960s soul sound.

I'd forgotten all about The Stairs for about 30 years. Dug out Weed Bus off the back of this post, heard a couple of other tunes and now have a whole back catalogue to go through. Cheers! 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'd forgotten all about The Stairs for about 30 years. Dug out Weed Bus off the back of this post, heard a couple of other tunes and now have a whole back catalogue to go through. Cheers! 

aye Edgar has been doing solo stuff for a while now -bit different from the Garagey/Blues stuff of The Stairs but some great stuff.  Theres a tune called 'Mellow Down Pussycat' I love.  

You might dig this -- great tune from Edgar as well:

• 4 weeks later...