Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s all a bit of an unknown at the end of the day really. 

I was excited to get McGhee and then he opened his mouth, I wanted Craig brown and he bored me to tears, I didn’t want mcinnes and he was by any objective measure a success. 

Conclusion - I don’t really know anything about these manager guys. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s all a bit of an unknown at the end of the day really. 

I was excited to get McGhee and then he opened his mouth, I wanted Craig brown and he bored me to tears, I didn’t want mcinnes and he was by any objective measure a success. 

Conclusion - I don’t really know anything about these manager guys. 

You are Dave Cormack and I claim my £5.00

It makes sense, like we did with Knutsen after Glass was sacked, to say that we "contacted" Wilder even though there was never any realistic chance of him actually taking the job. Cormack probably trying to get some credit back amongst the fans for "showing ambition". Wilder will get another gig in England soon enough - he is a very good manager. 

Looking at the remaining, more realistic candidates, I wouldn't be as down on Cowley as some might be. I wanted him to get the job when Glass got it, and he was interviewed then. I think he would probably prove to be a pretty decent appointment and a good fit for the structure, if a bit uninspiring for those looking for a 'name'. He also looks a little bit like McInnes, so that could be a good or bad thing depending on your point of view. 

23 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It makes sense, like we did with Knutsen after Glass was sacked, to say that we "contacted" Wilder even though there was never any realistic chance of him actually taking the job. Cormack probably trying to get some credit back amongst the fans for "showing ambition". Wilder will get another gig in England soon enough - he is a very good manager. 

Looking at the remaining, more realistic candidates, I wouldn't be as down on Cowley as some might be. I wanted him to get the job when Glass got it, and he was interviewed then. I think he would probably prove to be a pretty decent appointment and a good fit for the structure, if a bit uninspiring for those looking for a 'name'. He also looks a little bit like McInnes, so that could be a good or bad thing depending on your point of view. 

If you want to be craning your neck every week, as the ball is battered 60 yards bypassing the midfield, he’s your man. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Nope 

"Dons chairman Dave Cormack - now back in the States - is under real pressure to deliver a new manager before the club's next game"...

Eh? No he's not Robert Grieve ya fud.

Anyway, I said yesterday or the day before that Wilder wouldn't be the next manager...just the usual manager vacuum pish served up by the media and lapped up by the gullible oi polloi 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

55 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Cowley as some might be. I wanted him to get the job when Glass got it, and he was interviewed then. I think he would probably prove to be a pretty decent appointment and a good fit for the structure, if a bit uninspiring for those looking for a 'name'. 

Cowley would last about as long as Glass & Goodwin and would be an easy target for the Scottish media vultures.

I'm not sure anyone is a good fit in our current "structure", so I'd still sort out the structure first with a new DoF and make another couple of adjustments in the boardroom (like appointing a Chief Executive to release Cormack from making any big decisions) and leave Robson/Agnew taking care of the team in the meantime.

Once the DoF is in place, make it his job to identify a new permanent manager (if, at that point, it's Cowley then so be it although then there would be a concern that it was still Cormack calling the shots) and Cormack takes a permanent break from day-to-day matters at the football club.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

16 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Cowley would last about as long as Glass & Goodwin and would be an easy target for the Scottish media vultures.

I'm not sure anyone is a good fit in our current "structure", so I'd still sort out the structure first with a new DoF and make another couple of adjustments in the boardroom (like appointing a Chief Executive to release Cormack from making any big decisions) and leave Robson/Agnew taking care of the team in the meantime.

Once the DoF is in place, make it his job to identify a new permanent manager (if, at that point, it's Cowley then so be it although then there would be a concern that it was still Cormack calling the shots) and Cormack takes a permanent break from day-to-day matters at the football club.

I think Cowley would be more pragmatic than Glass and a better coach than Goodwin, and ultimately an upgrade on both. He wouldn't be a glamourous appointment, but neither was McInnes. I'm not thinking he's an outstanding candidate or anything, but I could see the logic if Cormack goes back for him. 

I don't necessarily disagree about getting a new DoF and that our current structure is a halfway house that pleases nobody, but that would probably be a lengthy process in itself if it is to be done properly. My concern is that a few bad results under Robson, which isn't exactly unforeseeable, and the pressure is really mounting to get a permanent appointment in, especially if we begin to get dragged towards the relegation places. My feeling is the status quo only holds as long as Robson is able to build on the Motherwell result, and the jury is out on that for now. 

Edited by DrewDon