Scottish Junior Cup

7 hours ago, Shanner said:

How is it stopping progress?

It's causing an imbalance in the league clubs that are licensed and playing in the junior cup are playing junior cup ties when those teams who dont play in the junior cup are playing league games and depending how far you go in either competition then that's more league games that should be getting played. But what we get you can still play these league games midweek to catch up therefore hindering other teams who are having to play midweek games when it's the fault of teams who want to play in a third party competition.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Not that I would wish either of them to win it but a Cumnock v Glens final would be a decent spectacle. 

I reckon the SJFA will be hoping for that as the final too for a bigger crowd and so can just use Rugby Park as normal. If Dundee East Craigie got to final would surely need to have it at in Livingston / Falkirk? 😂

The SJFA and South Challenge Cup committee need to get round the table and sort a proper non league cup out with Junior Cups history/name / prize money & live final on tv and with the added South Challenge Cups teams from East of Scotland / Lowland League it would be an excellent competition. Sort it out! It does gives teams in the West especially more to play for having both when you don't get knocked out early like Meadow this season!

7 hours ago, happy said:

The National Challenge Cup.Tiers 5 to 10 along with the junior clubs.Give the fans what they want, an national trophy that will bring back the excitement and atmosphere of cup days.A trophy  that they have a realistic chance of winning.

That is me said all that I want to.I am fed up banging this drum.

The Lowland and Highland Leagues have no interest in something like that unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I reckon the SJFA will be hoping for that as the final too for a bigger crowd and so can just use Rugby Park as normal. If Dundee East Craigie got to final would surely need to have it at in Livingston / Falkirk? 😂

The SJFA and South Challenge Cup committee need to get round the table and sort a proper non league cup out with Junior Cups history/name / prize money & live final on tv and with the added South Challenge Cups teams from East of Scotland / Lowland League it would be an excellent competition. Sort it out! It does gives teams in the West especially more to play for having both when you don't get knocked out early like Meadow this season!

The two association's shouldn't meet the short sighted and greedy club's who want to play in every cup that's going is the problem the club's who are licensed should never be allowed to play in both therefore that would finish the for ever!

33 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

The two association's shouldn't meet the short sighted and greedy club's who want to play in every cup that's going is the problem the club's who are licensed should never be allowed to play in both therefore that would finish the for ever!

A 30 game season and 4 cup competitions - 1 you won't win in Senior Scottish Cup - won't stretch 95% of teams too much but if you manage to do well in all 4 then that will create a headache for fixture secretary and lot of end of season midweek games for likes of Darvel and Talbot. 

There used to be 5 or 6 plus cups just 10 years ago but the balance would be fine if Junior Cup and South Challenge Cup amalgamated which they won't and teams will continue to compete in both as keeps your season going - just ask Cumnock, Glencairn and Glenafton if they would rather not have entered Junior Cup this season.

3 minutes ago, Shannon said:

A 30 game season and 4 cup competitions - 1 you won't win in Senior Scottish Cup - won't stretch 95% of teams too much but if you manage to do well in all 4 then that will create a headache for fixture secretary and lot of end of season midweek games for likes of Darvel and Talbot. 

There used to be 5 or 6 plus cups just 10 years ago but the balance would be fine if Junior Cup and South Challenge Cup amalgamated which they won't and teams will continue to compete in both as keeps your season going - just ask Cumnock, Glencairn and Glenafton if they would rather not have entered Junior Cup this season.

So who do darvel and talbot play at the end of the season the teams who are being penalised because they want to play in every cup going. Yes there you have it three licensed clubs taking more Saturday slots up for junior cup games therefore the teams who they should be playing that day will now have to play them on a midweek and if the team that didn't enter the junior cup has to play a midweek game at home because a team progressed in the junior cup now gets a smaller gate loses out on hospitality and if they have a bar again a financial loss even more ! If my team had to play for example cumnock or glenafton on a Wednesday instead of a Saturday because it was moved because of a junior cup tie we lose a couple of grand but because those two teams who I have mentioned are happy that they are in a semi final but it's my team who gets penalised that's not fair competition and if it was medda it would be the same.

8 hours ago, happy said:

The National Challenge Cup.Tiers 5 to 10 along with the junior clubs.Give the fans what they want, an national trophy that will bring back the excitement and atmosphere of cup days.A trophy  that they have a realistic chance of winning.

That is me said all that I want to.I am fed up banging this drum.

I’m in total agreement with you mate , a full on Scottish non league cup would be the way to go .

It’s never been a topic when auchinleck have regularly been in the latter stages however 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

That lineup shows how far this cup has fallen in recent years. Shame, but time it was put on the scrap heap

Don’t talk pish. The line up as it was today was because some of the bigger teams never got through their earlier games. I’m sure some of them would still be in it if they played well enough. It’s the luck of the draw and who turns up on the day. There is more money in the junior cup than the south challenge cup and in my opinion is a better cup and better financial rewards. Darvel opted back in this season. Football is all about opinions but after seeing how things have worked out over the last 2 seasons I would prefer the Junior cup to the South challenge cup but that is my preference 

1 hour ago, wow-wee said:

So who do darvel and talbot play at the end of the season the teams who are being penalised because they want to play in every cup going. Yes there you have it three licensed clubs taking more Saturday slots up for junior cup games therefore the teams who they should be playing that day will now have to play them on a midweek and if the team that didn't enter the junior cup has to play a midweek game at home because a team progressed in the junior cup now gets a smaller gate loses out on hospitality and if they have a bar again a financial loss even more ! If my team had to play for example cumnock or glenafton on a Wednesday instead of a Saturday because it was moved because of a junior cup tie we lose a couple of grand but because those two teams who I have mentioned are happy that they are in a semi final but it's my team who gets penalised that's not fair competition and if it was medda it would be the same.

Has 'your team' been given a home midweek fixture because of the opponents participation in the Junior Cup?

32 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I think if you asked every team who have been involved in the big Scottish cup and asked them if they had to choose which cup to play in so fixture amounts would be less, then unanimously the teams would say the big Scottish cup as they know its worthwhile, due to money brought in and the experience and exposure.

The junior cup, now matter what we all think, for / or against is not part of the SFA curriculum and WOSFL league fixtures of cup fixtures should not be moved to accommodate the junior cup. If this is allowed and all clubs agree as they want to be part of the junior cup then they should shut up and not complain  

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think if you asked every team who have been involved in the big Scottish cup and asked them if they had to choose which cup to play in so fixture amounts would be less, then unanimously the teams would say the big Scottish cup as they know its worthwhile, due to money brought in and the experience and exposure.

The junior cup, now matter what we all think, for / or against is not part of the SFA curriculum and WOSFL league fixtures of cup fixtures should not be moved to accommodate the junior cup. If this is allowed and all clubs agree as they want to be part of the junior cup then they should shut up and not complain  

Spot on 👏

27 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Spot on. 👏