The Ton v Dundee, 17/2/23

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

"They're good at what they do". Bowyer is absolutely rattled. Pleasing.

He said that pre-match tbf. Said you're a very direct, passionate and aggressive teams in the league and that he really rates Imrie as one of the best managers in the league in his DeeTV interview.

Think the thing that rattled him was the host saying we slipped up last week.

3 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

"They're good at what they do". Bowyer is absolutely rattled. Pleasing.

Don't see how he's rattled, because you are good at what you do?

Very obvious game plan to be organised defensively, physical in the tackle, and getting in the other team's faces when on the ball. After watching you play us three times there's never been anything that looks like attacking, liquid football, it's been the same style of play - which as Bowyer's said - you are good at.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I would say it was more Dundee being poor, than Morten being good.

I would not take one Morten player.

I'd certainly take Grimshaw ahead of any of our RB options and indeed our central midfield options too! Cracking ball winner.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

1st defeat in how many? and 'experts' are whining and whinging.

Yes it's the first loss in ages but that was simply shite Biggie. Criticism where it's due is fine and there was very little effort all round apart from Adam in goal.

2 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Bowyer coming across as a total c**t there. 

Not exactly searching questions being asked by the reporter to be fair.  Asked a question something like “is that an opportunity missed?”  How long do you have to train as a sports reporter to learn such a scrutinising question?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Not exactly searching questions being asked by the reporter to be fair.  Asked a question something like “is that an opportunity missed?”  How long do you have to train as a sports reporter to learn such a scrutinising question?

Good interview with Imrie strangely enough. 

I make that 11 points from a possible 15 for Morton in games against the Championship 'Top Two' (QP & Dundee). Hats off to Imrie, he also is blessed with a squad capable of playing a physical and aggressive game and have the quality to take their chances when they come. 

What, I guess, is the caveat of this is that Morton's record against the teams below them in the league is in comparison pretty woeful. Will be interesting to see if this continues in the second half of the season 

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I would say it was more Dundee being poor, than Morten being good.

I would not take one Morten player.

That’s because you know precisely f**k all about fitba.

You should be offering Grimshaw player/manager/chairman for life (and asking him to bring Baird and Quitongo with him).

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Do you really think that perfmance was anywhere near acceptable?

I could accept losing if we had shown something but that really was one of our poorer performances this season.

Excuse me... apart from midfield possession (mainly in the first half) ...you ran out of ideas...so did Bowen....despite the fact that our most attacking player (Quitongo) had to go off. Magnificent defensive work and Liam Grimshaw rightfuuly MOTM.

# oh and sorry.............................................................................................. Thank you.

Edited by TONTROOPER

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Do you really think that perfmance was anywhere near acceptable?

I could accept losing if we had shown something but that really was one of our poorer performances this season.

Got a young team, going to lose games, that's the way it goes. No point knicker wetting.

Fair fucks. Morton deserved it and Dundee were absolutely shite. Not much else I can add to that.

Except for the fact that we don't deserve to go up if we can't win games like this. Not taking anything away from Morton who could have kept us from scoring for 90 days never mind 90 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, Spiders67 said:

I make that 11 points from a possible 15 for Morton in games against the Championship 'Top Two' (QP & Dundee). Hats off to Imrie, he also is blessed with a squad capable of playing a physical and aggressive game and have the quality to take their chances when they come. 

What, I guess, is the caveat of this is that Morton's record against the teams below them in the league is in comparison pretty woeful. Will be interesting to see if this continues in the second half of the season 

^^^ desperately clutching at straws.