Killie vs ‘Well

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Also, was the rule that Lafferty was given his 10 game ban for not only introduced this season?

As @Busta Nut says the actual incident where Slattery was charged with being an arsehole was in 2021. Albeit he was up in court and pled guilty in October 2022.

Are the SPFL going to take action about an incident that predated the punishment being introduced and had also been dealt with by an actual court?

Also, as Busta points out just because the club didn't publicly confirm they'd taken any action doesn't mean they didn't deal with it internally.

One of the two rules Lafferty was punished under was introduced last summer, but the one which basically amounts to bringing the game into disrepute (Rule 77) still applied.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

One of the two rules Lafferty was punished under was introduced last summer, but the one which basically amounts to bringing the game into disrepute (Rule 77) still applied.

Cheers. 

So the mandatory 10 game ban wasn't in place when the incident took place (November 7th 2021)? 

I take it that's Rule 81?

“No recognised football body, club, official, team official, other member of team staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall (i) use offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or actions which include(s) a reference, whether express or implied, to any one or more of the following:- ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability or (ii) carry out any act of victimisation (as defined in the Equality Act 2010) or any act of discrimination by reason of ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, age, pregnancy, maternity, marital status or civil partnership, unless otherwise permitted by law and the rules and regulations of the Scottish FA.”

Edited by capt_oats

There's no defending Slattery making a homphobic remark at a police officer whatsoever.

However, I can't help but think that any comment on him playing during the campaign this month is devalued a bit by the fact it was his sixth appearance in the month of February and he had just scored a last minute equaliser against your team. If the point was pertitent, surely it would have been made on one of his previous five appearances.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

27 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

There's no defending Slattery making a homphobic remark at a police officer whatsoever.

However, I can't help but think that any comment on him playing during the campaign this month is devalued a bit by the fact it was his sixth appearance in the month of February and he had just scored a last minute equaliser against your team. If the point was pertitent, surely it would have been made on one of his previous five appearances.

The court case and fine was back in October, I thought we'd all moved on since then.

12 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Let’s not overlook that cops also make stuff up to ensure convictions/punishment.

They probably do but he did plead guilty to it although we've got no idea what was actually said. Maybe he was trying to avoid it coming out in court and the additional publicity that would involve. 

6 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Well, yes, the point was about the message being sent out about a homophobe who went unpunished by the SFA scoring an important goal during the campaign where the SFA claim they will take action against homophobes.

The issue is about the lack of punishment showing the campaign to be an empty gesture, not about Callum Slattery coming on as a sub against Hearts or whatever.

The glaring difference here as you tried to highlight back when the story went public on our thread is quite simple.

The is no question Lafferty made those comments, they were caught on camera. As I said at the time he sectarianism is the soup he swims in.

The is no evidence Slattery used homophobic language, only the word of a cop dealing with a guy being a class A fanny. Because he didn't contest it doesn't mean he is guilty of that particular offence, it may be as simple as his brief was like, look, just take your medicine and we'll put this to bed.

The fact you are continually trying to make something out of this and throwing about accusations and whataboutery also doesn't mean what you are calling for didn't happen internally. Just people sometimes don't want to go back over and over stuff.

If you are content there's not one aspect of your life beyond reproach (especially when drunk or emotional) by all means continue on this crusade. 

That was honestly one of the most bizarre nights at the football I've had, as I recall it was just about half time it came down and by the teams came back out for the 2nd half you hardly see the closest goal let alone the far away one....I think they actually kicked off the 2nd half did they not?

Then the fun and games of them handing out rolls and rolls of tickets for the game when it was rearranged only to turn round and decide to charge a fiver for it cause they realised they'd fucked it. 

A fun journey back up the M77 tae.

49 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Then the fun and games of them handing out rolls and rolls of tickets for the game when it was rearranged only to turn round and decide to charge a fiver for it cause they realised they'd fucked it. 

Yeah, thankfully our club were nice enough to step in and paid for a ticket for the fans that attended the original fixture. 

Killie had to rearrange their jolly to Tenerife as they booked to go away to a training camp on the day of the rearranged game, so effectively we helped pay for that. 

That's strange, I was at both games but have no recollection of tickets being handed out. The speed the fog came in was startling - about 15 minutes from clear to a pea-souper. The fact they kicked off when we couldn't see the players or the ball was even more bonkers. Occasionally the ball would appear out the gloom when coming through to the keeper. There was no way the players could see the ball coming from the resulting kick-out!