Greenock Morton 0 ⚪️🔵Vs Partick Thistle 0 🔴🟡 - 11 March

So Dougie admits he got the team wrong then effectively puts the same shite out again today... 

Already seen enough of Calvin Miller to say that he's not good enough, whether it is left side of right side. Get him out the starting XI now.

Muirhead and Oakley together is just making us go long every time but then Crawford can't get close enough to them now to pick up the scraps.

If anyone would like to explain why our goalkeeper is trying to waste time towards the end of that game then I'd love to hear it...

On 10/03/2023 at 09:09, I Clavdivs said:

Was never going to be a free flowing game on that surface, further hampered by a Ref hellbent on slowing it down further with a rash of petty yellows .Thought we should have gone for the more direct 4-4-2 earlier to mitigate said surface and might have sneaked it at the end .Still ,a point and up to third .

Would love to know how many bookings in that game. No chance of free flowing football when the ref is blowing the whistle every 2 minutes.

Ali Crawford has just not settled yet. You can see there is a player in there but right now he's just now at the races. Reminds me of Grimshaw when he just started and he looked a mile off it then suddenly he became one of our best players.

Calvin looked to have turned the corner after the ICT game. But he's been poor also. Play one or the other with McGrattan, but don't play two off the boil players at the same time.

Thought big Robbie had scored with that shot in the 2nd half. Looked a goal all the way but just bent away at the last minute. 

Probably a draw was a fair result in the end up but feels like another 2 points dropped

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Would love to know how many bookings in that game. No chance of free flowing football when the ref is blowing the whistle every 2 minutes.

Ali Crawford has just not settled yet. You can see there is a player in there but right now he's just now at the races. Reminds me of Grimshaw when he just started and he looked a mile off it then suddenly he became one of our best players.

Calvin looked to have turned the corner after the ICT game. But he's been poor also. Play one or the other with McGrattan, but don't play two off the boil players at the same time.

Thought big Robbie had scored with that shot in the 2nd half. Looked a goal all the way but just bent away at the last minute. 

Probably a draw was a fair result in the end up but feels like another 2 points dropped

12 (including Dougie).

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Watching the stream, are Morton fans usually this angry at all home games hahaha? Constant booing for no reason, aggressive shouting when nothings happening and booing getting their own goal kick. Seems strange. Up there with when I watch a Dundee game on a stream. 

100% the worst bunch ive ever saw too.

After all the insults, abuse and whatever at their own players, you look at them and you think ..... ack nah im no saying it.

But genuinely the worst of the worst, and if you want a bit of fun ( dont ask me how i know about this ) but Google " Catman Greenock " it says it all.

Partick will be happy to get through an away game with a clean sheet, especially after two defensive injuries. In truth though, they could easily have got the three points as well. Our defence did their job quite well for a change (compared to recent form) but our midfield to front was chronic. We need to get back to basics, press from the front and build our game from that foundation. By adding more 'luxury' players and trying to shoehorn them into the team, we've lost what made us horrible to play against in the first place. 

Muirhead needs dropped as Oakley is the hard working and more clinical forward option right now. We need McGrattan and even King as well to add guts to the pressing. Ali Crawford can perhaps play off Oakley but on today's performance should be an 'impact sub' for now. Gillespie needs to sit in front of the defence to keep things ticking over in a way that Blues is completely useless at doing. We also need Quitongo back fit because we're just too easy to let shuffle the ball around in front of an opposition defence, without that pace threat in behind. 

Not a good result or performance today but it's a big let-off for us to simply not worsen the damage. 

Edited by vikingTON

25 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

After all the insults, abuse and whatever at their own players, you look at them and you think ..... ack nah im no saying it.

But genuinely the worst of the worst, and if you want a bit of fun ( dont ask me how i know about this ) but Google " Catman Greenock " it says it all.

Someone’s upset they’re getting relegated get doon 

1 hour ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Dae ye aye?

2 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Was never going to be a free flowing game on that surface 

Coming from a Partick fan and the fkn nick of firhill over the last few years that's a bold statement. Absolute fkn bellend. 

8 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

A dour nil-nil draw please and a red card for Imrie, master of the dark arts.

Everything before the word 'please' came to fruition for you.

A game of few chances.

3 hours ago, Lichteeeeee said:

AC7044E2-A9A0-41F5-B095-9500EB0537A8.thumb.jpeg.a15e1c3d5afd987a425243a7f8952cdf.jpeg.89d20ba4bed0d6df2c0dcf50a52cf056.jpeg