Gary Lineker

36 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

If I recall correctly, you aren't a fan of female commentators. 

Why did you not just widen the field from the word go? 

Lolwut? I know you're desperate to be offended by everything m8 but you'll need to show your working on that one I'm afraid. 

I think in the past I've said one woman has a very nippy voice. The same way I think Lee Dixon has the most depressing voice on air and continually slate him along with Murphy, Jenas, Carragher, Keown and McManaman. But just you focus on the One comment I've made about One female commentator. 

Edited by 19QOS19
Forgot about that walloper Keown until Ludo mentioned him.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Some truly bizarre entries on that list. Lord Jock Stirrup, which I thought could be a parody name given the subject matter. No, he's real. A man who personally bombed anti-colonial Omani peasants from his fighter jet then later directed slaughter in Iraq and Afghanistan. 

Didn't think I'd see a time on P&B where people would be saying that the likes of Jenas, Keown, Murphy, Wright & Shearer etc help further people's understanding of a game of football tbh.

Just because Lineker is in the right and has been treated shamefully by the BBC doesn't  mean you need to die on that hill lads.

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Lolwut? I know you're desperate to be offended by everything m8 but you'll need to show your working on that one I'm afraid. 

I think in the past I've said one woman has a very nippy voice. The same way I think Lee Dixon has the most depressing voice on air and continually slate him along with Murphy, Jenas, Carragher and McManaman. But just you focus on the One comment I've made about One female commentator. 

I'm not offended. Just an observation. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think in the past I've said one woman has a very nippy voice. The same way I think Lee Dixon has the most depressing voice on air and continually slate him along with Murphy, Jenas, Carragher, Keown and McManaman. But just you focus on the One comment I've made about One female commentator. 

I'm not at all offended but there are some words that have connotations and it's not for me to second guess your intention or even predisposition.

33 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Not at all. But you know that

No, I don't know that. If you're going to accuse me of sexism then back it up or at least have the decency to admit you're talking shite. 

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'm not at all offended but there are some words that have connotations and it's not for me to second guess your intention or even predisposition.

Her voice goes right through me as it's very high pitched. Simple as that really. The same way McManaman's and Carragher's accent goes right through me. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

No, I don't know that. If you're going to accuse me of sexism then back it up or at least have the decency to admit you're talking shite. 

Her voice goes right through me as it's very high pitched. Simple as that really. The same way McManaman's and Carragher's accent goes right through me. 

That's the problem

3 minutes ago, Bodie said:

Who is the person with the nippy voice ? 

I don't know her name, I just didn't like her voice when she became excitable. The same way I want to go deaf when Carragher starts his shite. 

FWIW, it wasn't a major issue for me and I don't exactly want her thrown off tele. The only reason I brought it up is because it's the only thing I can ever recall saying about a female commentator. Other than that I don't think I've ever made a single comment about them. Apart from saying Leanne Crichton is probably the best pundit on our football programmes - but then she's more an analyst than a commentator and it doesn't fit in to this idea that I'm against female commentators so I won't mention it ;)

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

Some truly bizarre entries on that list. Lord Jock Stirrup, which I thought could be a parody name given the subject matter. No, he's real. A man who personally bombed anti-colonial Omani peasants from his fighter jet then later directed slaughter in Iraq and Afghanistan. 

I think it was him who swung the vote.