Dick's Arbroath v The Famous Greenock Morton, Friday 17/3/23

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Any Arbroath fan who is not embarrassed and pissed off after that is a fecking idiot.

Could easily have been 6 or 7. That performance tonight terrifies me. If we escape automatic relegation then I will be utterly flabbergasted.

Even our goal was embarrassing.

Abject pish…. Again!!!

Understandable point Tattie - but you didn't lose the game.

1 minute ago, Chippyminton said:

Understandable point Tattie - but you didn't lose the game.

I know, I’ve calmed down a bit and a draw has to be looked at as a good result for us considering. Play like that again though and we’re getting skelped.

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

What are you smoking?  Mostly outplayed but goalies are part of the team and we’re up to 9th. We will draw our way to relegation but I am not embarrassed. 

Yeah just scunnered with that tonight. On reflection, and now I’ve calmed down a bit, I suppose a draw has to be looked at as a good result considering. We surely can’t play that badly again and escape with a point…. Can we?

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

The whole of Scottish football is crap bar Celtic and rangers who run the show and always will every team bar them is embarrassing to watch 

Yeah, truth bomb. But, and it’s a humongous but, the rest of Scottish football don’t leverage the cancer that is sectarianism to make cash pounds and I’m ok with that.

56 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Fuckin weirdo

And your point is ? ..........

How do you know that @lichtie23 isn't a lassie? And even if he/she isn't - how much longer does this stone-age, head-in-the-sand bigotry against (potentially) gay people have to persist? Just what the f**k is wrong with you?

To me, and to most other rational, objective, compassionate and open-minded people in the year 2023 - gay men & women are no different to people who just happen to have been born left-handed. It's not 1950 anymore. Fucking grow up, and throw your toxic prejudice into the cesspit where it belongs.

You have yourself a nice night now.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Sure that'll do bucket loads for the young keepers confidence

100% - a professional manager should NEVER single out one player and load any sort of blame on him for a poor result - especially not in public, and especially not on the BBC in front of a potentially big audience. Very disappointing.

10 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

100% - a professional manager should NEVER single out one player and load any sort of blame on him for a poor result - especially not in public, and especially not on the BBC in front of a potentially big audience. Very disappointing.

oh do shut up

14 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

So who did you have in mind/

2 hours ago, centralTon said:

Why? Genuine question.

It's clearly Imrie's decision to allow A Crawford to take the pen instead of Muirhead, unfortunately his wee pal hasn't been up to the standard we expected him to be.

Agree Muirhead or Oakley should have been hitting the penalty with Gillespie off the pitch… but Imrie didn’t miss the penalty (and the rebound), Crawford did.

2 hours ago, #Gary said:

Fair point ... if we completely ignore the fact that Dougie chose to go with Schwake for the season, Dougie didn't sign real back up, Dougie has persisted with Blues all year who's proven over 100 games that he's not actually any good, and Dougie has completely changed the teams shape and style to accommodate Ali Crawford (and Calvin Miller but I'll stick with the players you specifically think cost us).

Apart from that though...

Aye, but we’re talking about the game tonight and why we didn’t win.

Imrie clearly got it right tonight; the ‘changed’ shape worked and gave us a platform to win 4 or 5 scud against a team we’ve struggled against all season.

Blues missed a sitter to put us out of sight, Schwake sold the jerseys… and A. Crawford fucked the opportunity to buy them back.

Let’s talk about what actually happened, rather than piling in on pet hates that had no bearing on the outcome.

As for the hysterical response to Imrie’s post-match interview… Brian Schwake is a professional footballer, not some wee boy who needs excuses made for him.

We all saw it, Schwake knows it, the rest of the team know it… what’s wrong with saying it straight?

He’s done some good things this year, but the flakiness under no pressure is getting too frequent.

Won’t be here next season, because Imrie will push on again and get someone better.

Good.

Not sure Schwake won't be here next year if we can get him.

Yes recently cost us a few points and needs to get back to his A game but young and will improve.

Thought we played well but can't remember us missing to many good chances.

Ali C time running out for him,. Looks good but has failed to deliver when needed.

Looks more like 4th spot which like 3rd has little or no chance of going up.

Overall a decent effort which 9/10 would have delivered 3 pts.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Just seen the equaliser! What is the keeper doing? That’s pub league standard 

Tbf, Gats almost gifted them an early present. He's probably also been our player of the season...which sums it all up. Thought Balde was poor tonight. 

Absolute abysmal performance first half. Made Morton look like a Prem side. Campbells just haven't got a clue anymore.  Can kind of get why he kept the same side after a battling draw at Hamilton but come on, we're at home, fighting for survival. We need our best attacking side out, which means Sir Robert has to start and with Adarkwa as a focal point up top. Allan can't be anywhere near fit.

Think Colin Hamilton is our MVP for goals and assists, which also says a lot about our season. It's tight at the bottom and I'm fearful the drop is coming our way.

It’s infuriating watching us at times. Completely on top for the first half and yet as the second wore on you could see an equaliser was coming, especially after the chances we missed.  Terrible goal to concede.

I can accept Gaston guessing right and making the save, but to head the rebound straight at him beggars belief. Was very similar to a penalty that Partick fecked against us at Firhill a year ago.

From a manager of the month award to winless in four games. I’d say we are unlikely to make the play offs unless someone above us has a major arse collapse in the run in.