Dick's Arbroath v The Famous Greenock Morton, Friday 17/3/23

6 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I don’t really think that’s on Imrie tonight. Maybe a sub could’ve been made earlier, and there’s an argument for McGrattan to start, but we’ve lost that entirely down to individual errors. We were coasting to 3 points regardless of the missed chances until then. Ali Crawford’s misses for a player of his “calibre” are inexcusable and needs dropped immediately. 

This ignores the point that Ali Crawford being on the park while Lewis McGrattan is sat on the bench is entirely on Imrie.

He's clearly a very good manager, but no one is infallible and he evidently has a big weakness which is playing favourites. Anyone looking at the performances of Crawford or Blues and giving them 90 minutes every week is not judging every player by the same standard.

6 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The whole of Scottish football is crap bar Celtic and rangers who run the show and always will every team bar them is embarrassing to watch 

How was that an embarrassing game? I can get your frustrated but I’d rather watch that than any Celtic or Rangers game any day of the week, it was a great watch.

Just now, Scosha said:

No wonder. He’s cost us numerous points in recent weeks, it can only be defended so many times. 

You don't do that. It's basic man management. He is a kid. He had a poor game. Live on TV as well

I have no fucking idea how we can totally dominate the first 45 minutes and not put the game to bed. Poor finishing, numerous clear cut chances squandered. It should have been a convincing 3-pointer. And then to miss a free one-on-one penalty shot? But fair play to Lichties for their resilience, for their survival instinct, and for their ongoing ‘Morton bogey team’ status - and above all, fair play to Gaston for absolutely stellar goalkeeping. Judging by Schwake’s howlers tonight, we let the wrong keeper walk away. On behalf of this Morton supporter, I’ll leave this here as a memento of this evening …..

79613D0E-A4A5-4E06-9C67-D36013613B37.gif

14 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Any Arbroath fan who is not embarrassed and pissed off after that is a fecking idiot.

Could easily have been 6 or 7. That performance tonight terrifies me. If we escape automatic relegation then I will be utterly flabbergasted.

Even our goal was embarrassing.

Abject pish…. Again!!!

What are you smoking?  Mostly outplayed but goalies are part of the team and we’re up to 9th. We will draw our way to relegation but I am not embarrassed. 

25 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Drop that useless fucking c**t off in Perth and never let him darken our door again.

Dont worry, we inexplicably gave him a 2.5yr deal 12 months ago, to stave off the competition for his signature (...), so theres a fair chance he returns to us this Summer to suck up his last decent wage for as long as possible and youre free of his pea hearted clutches.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

How was that an embarrassing game? I can get your frustrated but I’d rather watch that than any Celtic or Rangers game any day of the week, it was a great watch.

Your correct mate I’m very frustrated should’ve had that game buried with the chance we had but typical Morton never do and bites them in the arse 

Absolutely no team is good enough to go up this season including Morton aye we’re good enough to not go down but the level is horrendous to watch, someone needs to go up but they’ll be straight back down again