SNP Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- add them here

Wingman

18 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just seems like the snp have ripped themselves apart over the past 10 years. Absolutely staggering that when all you need was good consistent government with no mental policies to show how much better indy would be we get a Scottish Government coalition with the maddest people on the planet in the greens and the most self indulgent incapable malcontents in the current snp hierarchy. 

It was an open goal, it was easier to win than feck it up. It took more work and effort to feck it up than to not feck it up.

Its going to go down in history as an example of one of the biggest missed opportunities in political history. 

Edited by ScotiaNostra

10 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

It was an open goal, it was easier to win than feck it up. It took more work and effort to feck it up than to not feck it up.

Its going to go down in history as an example of one of the biggest missed opportunities in political history. 

Trouble is any party in power over time attracts more and more opportunists who want that power rather than support what put the party there 

(Qaisar above being a classic example)

Edited by orfc

2 hours ago, orfc said:

Trouble is any party in power over time attracts more and more opportunists who want that power rather than support what put the party there 

(Qaisar above being a classic example)

Jings I must have missed the SNPs sweep to power in Westminster. An SNP MP has about as much "power" as a Tory at Holyrood. 

I see the SNP government have wasted taxpayer money trying to deny a FoI request for the evidence gathered as part of the investigation into whether the first minister broke the ministerial code.

Apart from the spending on public funds to argue that they don't hold the evidence that they specifically required the enquiry to obtain, what is there to hide?  I am guessing that they will continue to try to with hold the release of this information as it would undoubtedly shed light on the heavily redacted parts that were said to give a false impression of the findings.

So much for asking for transparency from others.

Edited by strichener

It's now obvious the redactions were to preserve Sturgeon's carefully cultivated public persona. It is also little surprise that Mr continuity will continue the obfuscation of his predecessor.

Thankfully, a reset of the party and the movement is coming after the next WM election. 

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

It's now obvious the redactions were to preserve Sturgeon's carefully cultivated public persona. It is also little surprise that Mr continuity will continue the obfuscation of his predecessor.

Thankfully, a reset of the party and the movement is coming after the next WM election. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that - denial is a strong political instinct that can survive a shoeing or two. 

So long as there are plenty of useful idiots still willing to circle the wagons it matters little how few people are actually within the perimeter.

6 hours ago, virginton said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that - denial is a strong political instinct that can survive a shoeing or two. 

So long as there are plenty of useful idiots still willing to circle the wagons it matters little how few people are actually within the perimeter.

True. Look at 'scottish' labour. The sense of entitlement still oozes from them and they blame the people for chucking them out. 

I don't think the SNP will be quite as bad that but the inevitable pumping that's coming their way should be enough for them to ask the right questions.

13 hours ago, virginton said:

As far as I can interpret the current situation, support for the cause of Scottish Independence remains fairly solid at a significant level, but trust and confidence in the SNP has been greatly degraded.

It may well be that the SNP try to carry on regardless, but there must also be a possibility that the cause of independence is taken up by another group or groups.  So be it.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As far as I can interpret the current situation, support for the cause of Scottish Independence remains fairly solid at a significant level, but trust and confidence in the SNP has been greatly degraded.

It may well be that the SNP try to carry on regardless, but there must also be a possibility that the cause of independence is taken up by another group or groups.  So be it.

Where is that group going to come from? They'll presumably be starting from scratch and need to have the gravitas that will enable people to have confidence in them. In the absence of a coalition of the sensible which includes those within Labour who would prefer an indy Scotland, I struggle to see how it will come about. 

It may be the case that the SNP would perform much better in Scotland if it were able to make better use of some of its MPs in Westminster. Given the contempt with which Scotland is treated at Westminster, I'm not sure whether there's any value in being there. Same applies for the Welsh. 

On 06/12/2023 at 19:05, Trogdor said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Surely there is a chance of ditching Humza, pre-GE, in the next few months.

Any party looking set to lose between 25-30 seats in the polls are they are just now, can't simply carry on with a deeply unpopular (with the public) leader...and that's before he probably announces deep cuts to public services in the next budget, while continuing a CT freeze, and then appeals the GRA ruling with public money.

Lose that number of seats, and trying to regroup for the Holyrood election would be very difficult to say the least.

14 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Surely there is a chance of ditching Humza, pre-GE, in the next few months.

Any party looking set to lose between 25-30 seats in the polls are they are just now, can't simply carry on with a deeply unpopular (with the public) leader...and that's before he probably announces deep cuts to public services in the next budget, while continuing a CT freeze, and then appeals the GRA ruling with public money.

Lose that number of seats, and trying to regroup for the Holyrood election would be very difficult to say the least.

Not much in it. Looks like we don't like any off them.

image.thumb.png.5698a76164e76c6e45bbb6a2b8fc4fc0.png

image.thumb.png.22b86d19bcd4db222d8f4078273fb21e.png

image.thumb.png.a180ae956a5b7a366fcc7ba3ad8dc960.png

• 1 month later...