SNP Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- add them here

Wingman

Away from the hilarity and accuracy of Nicola's description of the UK government ministers.  Her chief of staff admits that she wasn't aware of the policy around mobile devices and information retention.

Tbh, her incompetence has been well known for a while now but this isn't just incompetence but brazen stupidity to not know how public and potentially confidential and/or PII should be protected.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Away from the hilarity and accuracy of Nicola's description of the UK government ministers.  Her chief of staff admits that she wasn't aware of the policy around mobile devices and information retention.

Tbh, her incompetence has been well known for a while now but this isn't just incompetence but brazen stupidity to not know how public and potentially confidential and/or PII should be protected.

That was from a parody twitter account. 

51 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I don't commend her vulgarity but Nicola is spot-on in her assessment of Bungling Bonzo and Co.

What’s wrong with the vulgarity?  It’s normal and how most people talk.

ETA I’ve called many a politician a fanny/c**t/fucking idiot etc in WhatsApp groups.  Seems reasonable to me.

Edited by Left Back

23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It's almost understandable that wanting independence might lead one to afford an easy ride to the only party that wants it, but the pandemic was the biggest single event/intervention of govt in almost everyone's lives and to sit here now and see the scale of contempt in which ut turns out we (the voting, taxpaying public) are held by these people supercedes any political ideal for me. 

It's why the independence debate is so damaging. We now have folk making lame excuses for corruption to excuse the Independence Referendum Party.

When independence is no longer mentioned in Scottish political discourse, it will be a great day. 

Quite convenient that the  messages which managed to be located were around marzipan objects and jokes about Bozo.  A field day for those writing the headlines in Jockoland. Whilst paid puppets like Colin McKay salivate the real news from yesterday flows by relatively unnoticed 

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

It's why the independence debate is so damaging. We now have folk making lame excuses for corruption to excuse the Independence Referendum Party.

When independence is no longer mentioned in Scottish political discourse, it will be a great day. 

We'll need to be independent before that happens. 

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

I respectfully disagree, indy is essential for Scotland, however the SNP wont deliver it, too many are comfortable in WM (indeed some even calling for a reversal on the HOL) and others are incompetent in administration of Scotland. But that doesnt mean independence is a damaging prospect, it’s just that too many are being taken in by a circus of  snake oil salesmen who can make a career out of pushing it further away and blaming someone else. 

20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I respectfully disagree, indy is essential for Scotland, however the SNP wont deliver it, too many are comfortable in WM (indeed some even calling for a reversal on the HOL) and others are incompetent in administration of Scotland. But that doesnt mean independence is a damaging prospect, it’s just that too many are being taken in by a circus of  snake oil salesmen who can make a career out of pushing it further away and blaming someone else. 

You misunderstand me. Not really bothered about independence either way. I suspect it will fine whatever happens and we would get on with it if we were independent.  Essentially what has happened with Brexit. 

But boiling every issue down to how it impacts support for independence whilst there's not prospect of it happening in the near future is damaging. 

On 25/01/2024 at 22:35, Left Back said:

What’s wrong with the vulgarity?  It’s normal and how most people talk.

ETA I’ve called many a politician a fanny/c**t/fucking idiot etc in WhatsApp groups.  Seems reasonable to me.

Thing is, I'm not you and have no intention of becoming you.

WhatsApp messages an absolute non story,  into about it's tenth day of being trotted out by the media 

Meanwhile the real main story of the time,  mone and barrowman repugnant corruption,  being rushed through on Scottish news

More likely to hear it on English media 

16 minutes ago, Binos said:

WhatsApp messages an absolute non story,  into about it's tenth day of being trotted out by the media 

Meanwhile the real main story of the time,  mone and barrowman repugnant corruption,  being rushed through on Scottish news

More likely to hear it on English media 

It really isn’t a non-story.  Despite what you might think about it the notional idea of the enquiry is to understand what went on during the pandemic to learn lessons.  Without access to all the information it can’t do that.  Whether it has a hope in hell of achieving those objectives even with all the information is an entirely different question.

It’s brought to light a somewhat lax attitude to record keeping by the Scottish Government so the processes can’t be examined.  Depending on your point of view this could be classed as stupidity, incompetence or an organised cover-up.

If it wasn’t an issue I doubt the FM would be apologising about it both in FMQ’s and at the enquiry itself or starting both an internal and external review about it.

35 minutes ago, Binos said:

WhatsApp messages an absolute non story

I disagree. Look beyond the (admittedly funny) nonsense about the likes of marzipan dildos and it's plain to see from them that restrictions were indeed being introduced and lifted based primarily on political optics rather than on any scientific basis.

That is scandalous and raises serious questions IMO.

Edited by Todd_is_God