Euro 2024 - Qualification Thread

jagfox

58 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Shaqiri is always a great player to watch.

The Swiss , never get past the quarter finals, never play, entertaining football, so ordinary yet always a top seed, in qualifying groups, and finals , just who do they have compromising photos of?

3 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

The Swiss , never get past the quarter finals, never play, entertaining football, so ordinary yet always a top seed, in qualifying groups, and finals , just who do they have compromising photos of?

Probably Mrs Mullarkey.

I mean, who hasn’t.

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No they're not. Horrendous VAR decision disallows goal. Awful.

There is no justification to disallow that goal.

I just caught the replay. If the Spanish player didn't touch it, presumably goal given?

12 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Mental that Croatia have all these talented players and then have an absolute diddy like Borna Barisic at the back. 

Wales have been decent tbf. Could win this which would open up their group again.

1 zip to Wales. 

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I just caught the replay. If the Spanish player didn't touch it, presumably goal given?

No idea, but the player that scored was offside when the ball came in, nowhere near the ball, defender that desperately plays the ball is doing so because of the player behind him, so new phase of play and goal should stand.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Wales into second in their group now as it stands with 2 games to go. 

Games against Armenia (a) and Turkey (h) left. Turkey should’ve qualified already by then so there’s a decent chance Wales could still qualify. Some turnaround from looking dead and buried after being hammered by Armenia. 

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Games against Armenia (a) and Turkey (h) left. Turkey should’ve qualified already by then so there’s a decent chance Wales could still qualify. Some turnaround from looking dead and buried after being hammered by Armenia. 

I stand by the fact that Wales could play players exclusively from the National League and they'd still qualify for tournaments. Since 2016 they've been ridiculous at qualifying. 

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I stand by the fact that Wales could play players exclusively from the National League and they'd still qualify for tournaments. Since 2016 they've been ridiculous at qualifying. 

Obviously not a foregone conclusion at all but Croatia should be ashamed of themselves if they go from being World Cup semi-finalists, to winning their Nations League group, to then finishing below Wales’ ragtag bunch of Championship goons. 

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Keiffer Moore and Dan James turning into prime Adriano and Marc Overmars purely for qualifying compaigns.

Edited by Comrie