New Strips 23/24

On 03/04/2023 at 11:16, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Clan MacLeod have their roots in the Outer Hebrides and Skye. How does that connect with Dundee?

It doesn't matter where the clan has their roots, the whole idea of individual clan tartans was a 19th century invention. Enthusiastically promoted by people who sold tartan.

Hopefully we ditch that ridiculous and hideous pink effort.  We play like we are wearing pink when we are wearing pink.....
(Then again we have been known this season to play in our blue kit like it is pink too). ;)

Back to blue white white at home and white blue blue away.  Traditionalist I am afraid.

35 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Hopefully we ditch that ridiculous and hideous pink effort.  We play like we are wearing pink when we are wearing pink.....
(Then again we have been known this season to play in our blue kit like it is pink too). ;)

Back to blue white white at home and white blue blue away.  Traditionalist I am afraid.

What does “play like we’re wearing pink” mean?

Do you have a list of strip colours and the corresponding ways or styles in which teams who wear them are supposed to play?

1 hour ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Deary me. Those Arbroath tops are not good. The away one in particular looks awful.

It won't be the worst strip in the division next year.  Yours for one is poor compared to that and hopefully Dundee Utd will be challenging you for the worst strip award.

12 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Arbroath F.C.'s 2023/24 home and away kits

Aw man, did you have to post that? I thought if we all just ignored it then our new kits would just fly under the radar and that no one would have to see them.

Maybe the home isn’t as bad as I first though though and might not look too bad in person but that away kit is grim.

Not a show stopper but not getting the hate for what looks on line like a decent effort. As an accies fan i can only dream of having a commercial department capable of releasing a new kit before the start of any new season. But then they haven't even been able to get the badge right or full hoops in over a decade so appreciate what you do have troops, things could be so much worse! On a side note, slightly different hue for the home strip lichties? Looks more "red" than your usual or is that just way it looks on line?

Edited by Beckford

On 31/03/2023 at 07:15, Chippyminton said:

It would make us the most-recognisable team in global fitba 🤣 Especially if we also reintroduced bunnets, massive moustaches and a keeper smoking a fag during quieter periods of games. The whole authentic 1874 vibe …..

Pure peaky blinders vibes….