Celtic v Rangers April 8th

I'm honestly baffled by the various point in the commentary including at the end when MCoist said something like "Beale can be really pleased with the performance" or something....

What are their ambitions if that's considered anything other than a fairly meek, low quality performance punctuated by moments of incompetence that would shame a pub team?

Edited by Bairnardo

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm honestly baffled by the various point in the commentary including at the end when MCoist said something like "Beale can be really pleased with the performance" or something....

What are their ambitions is that's considered anything other than a fairly meek, low quality performance punctuated by moments of incompetence that would shame a pub team?

Rangers are absolutely shite.  That they didn’t lose by four or five is a cause for celebration for Mick. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What are their ambitions is that's considered anything other than a fairly meek, low quality performance punctuated by moments of incompetence that would shame a pub team?

Didn’t get fucked, basically.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Rangers are absolutely shite.  That they didn’t lose by four or five is a cause for celebration for Mick. 

That might be it, but the talk was towards it pointing to a real chance in the semi. From what I saw today, I expect a more convincing win for Celtic at Hampden, unfortunately for ourselves and Inverness. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

That might be it, but the talk was towards it pointing to a real chance in the semi. From what I saw today, I expect a more convincing win for Celtic at Hampden, unfortunately for ourselves and Inverness. 

Yeah. I’m not convinced Rangers are any closer than under Van Bronkhurst. 

I don’t think there is much between the teams. Celtic’s domestic record is impeccable and you can’t argue against it, though I think these games will be a lot closer than they have been under Beale and our domestic record under him has also been very strong.

The two mistakes are very defining. Against other teams you may get away with it, but Celtic will punish you.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I thought that too.

Celtic were poor today, and got out of jail with two awful bits of defending from Rangers. Postecoglou doesn't seem the type of guy who will let the scoreline cover that up, at least when he gets the players back into training.

Strange one that. Had to win, deserved a draw, Got beat. A  draw would have meant nothing in terms of the title anyway. . Davies and Souttar gifting them two goals. It's hard enough as it is lads. Alan McGregor is suspect for all the goals. Think he's stopping at least 2 of them a few years ago. He's done and was done last year. That's came back to bite. 

Jota and Kyogo are difference makers. If Jota is a benfica reject it's scary to think of their talent.  Kyogo is just deadly. Deserved title winners, enjoy your win. 

Gutted for Tav to lose scoring those two superb goals. The guy's not a defender. I don't understand why he's not been played more forward and same for Barisic. They are both best going forward but defensively get found out in these games. 

Morelos' goal should have counted. The officials made a few blatant wrong decisions for both teams. The basic decisions they get wrong even with VAR constantly is embarrassing. 

Overall that was a bit better today than recent performances at Parkhead but it's still not good enough. Massive summer ahead. Still the cup semi which is vital to win now and could have a massive psychological effect going into next season. 

Celtic were absolutely honking today. Their passing was the worst I’ve seen all season and they still beat the ****. That’s how shite the **** are.

The only pass marks from me today were for Kyogo, MacGregor, Jota and Johnston.  The rest went from average down to poor.