St Johnstone v Ross County - 08/04/23

Just now, mizfit said:

Just me who thinks Bair warrants a start v Livingston? Done well coming on and seems to have figured out how to use his body. 

No. He had a simple pass to slot McLennan in for a clean chance at goal and instead spent a solid minute trying to remember where his feet were.

Our striking options are just abysmal though. 

You can see why Dundee dumped Rudden.

I guess we need to play someone up there though, seeing as May still cant play alone. Kind of bored of watching him fall down hoping for a free kick every time its hoofed near him tbh.

Part of our problems lie in the fact we have too many loan players out there. If any of our players had showed the will to win that Simon Murray showed today we might have had more fire up front.

Today was just pathetic and right from the first whistle we were never matching Ross County for effort.

Look at the improvement in Aberdeen and Motherwell since they changed the manager, I think that tells you something. We just muddle on and hope.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No. He had a simple pass to slot McLennan in for a clean chance at goal and instead spent a solid minute trying to remember where his feet were.

To be fair to Bair, whilst I don't see a footballer in him, Iacovitti defended that situation really well. His positioning was spot on, and meant Bair didn't really have an angle for the pass to McLennan. 

Edited by Nelly78

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

To be fair to Bair, whilst I don't see a footballer in him, Iacovitti defended that situation really well. His positioning was spot on, and meant Bair didn't really have an angle for the pass to McLennan. 

And that's where a footballer uses skill to make the angle for it. 

He's useless like his coaches and manager.

17 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And that's where a footballer uses skill to make the angle for it. 

He's useless like his coaches and manager.

No denying that! The guy making the run has to do better to create an angle as well. But Bair trying to pass to McLennan is a shit combination all round. 

Totally scunnered with Saints for the last 2 seasons. It's getting harder and harder to justify driving through from Edinburgh to watch the utter shite being served up. 

24 minutes ago, Radford said:

Nothing to really say about that. We were as predictable as ever. 

Actually, one other thing, the pitch is *somehow* getting worse.

Actually felt it was pointless bringing on the likes of Murphy and McLennan at the end - they both want to get the ball down and dribble it which is utterly impossible on that surface. It just kicks up every second touch.

Not of the mind to criticise Bair after the past week but he shouldn't really be starting another game for us, let alone one next week.

Every game, we have about 20 minutes left and I think we should throw him on. Within a couple of minutes, I regret it.

Davidson has done a great job of managing Stevie May out of form again too. 

May, Clark and Bair all contracted for next season and Kane will no doubt get something as well. Davidson probably wants to keep Rudden and McClennan too.

14 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Can thank Matthews from stopping that becoming a thumping. Didn't enjoy that reaction to Gordon going off, can imagine that hurt. 

2-0 down and playing May as a lone striker with Hallberg off him and Wotherspoon as a central midfielder; an utter mess. Can Davidson not spend at least part of a game with players playing where they meant too? 

I have little sympathy for Gordon.  He made a mistake after halftime (that he got away with) and immediately felt his hamstring.  He was clearly unfit and as club captain he should have had the balls to admit this.  Whether he was unfit to start only he knows, but he clearly should not have come out for the second half.  He had another nightmare today and it riles me that he was on the pitch while Mitchell was on the bench.

Overall we were garbage.  Other than Mathews and Phillips, the rest of them were rubbish today - not one of them can claim otherwise.  Sadly, I think Spoony showed why he has been playing so little recently.  It pains me to see such a legend struggling so badly.

As for Davidson, sorry you need to go Callum.  We've seen some crap the last two seasons but today was a new low.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

I have little sympathy for Gordon.  He made a mistake after halftime (that he got away with) and immediately felt his hamstring.  He was clearly unfit and as club captain he should have had the balls to admit this.

He did exactly the same at Pittodrie and we lost exactly the same type of goal, long ball, not dealt with, striker runs onto it.

Davidson took the huff in the press conference after the game when questioned about it and walked out.

Yet the two of them conspire to allow the same thing to happen yesterday.