Falkirk v Dunfermline 8th April 2023

17 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I just want us to score a goal. 

I fear a drubbing like the time Partick skelped us. 

Even though we're not scoring our defence has been somewhat decent, only conceded 2 since we played them at EEP and one was the already guaranteed akinyemi goal

Meh, I'll be there but we are just going through the motions. We'll shite the bed again. 

All the good work from December until March has went out the window.  The cup run has propped up what is another uneventful end to the season. 

Edited by latapythelegend

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'm gonna be sat right here in my house, or maybe up a Munro somewhere. Not decided yet. Sack watching us passing about the back and middle to zero effect against that lot, AGAIN.

This is my fear too, passing about at the back and middle to little effect (AGAIN), won't be surprised at all, and that's what I am going expecting so anything else is a bonus

Wouldn't worry too much about us giving you a total drubbing as has been mentioned in a few posts, our last two home games against Edinburgh and Kelty were absolutely w**k, they came for a point but it was painful. The away game against Montrose in between was good with us getting a very comfortable 1-3 win, we seem to be better away from East End.

Won't be going to this one, family members birthday so have various things on including hopefully the first BBQ of the season. Secondly, the tickets went after a day, completely passed me by.

Having seen us play each other three times this season I don't have any concerns. Falkirk's best hope is that McGlynn changes it and some of their bench warmers get an opportunity to prove themselves and take it. Some pictures of training were released on the socials yesterday, Todd was there but Breen wasn't, we missed Todd on Saturday against Kelty.

I'll go score draw, but wouldn't be surprised if we win this one by a goal as it's just the way we've done it this season. Win this then it can be wrapped up with a win in Peterhead on Tuesday, in an ideal world I'd like to see us win it at East End the following Saturday but just getting the title and getting out of this league is all that matters. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

39 minutes ago, Parsman85 said:

Best pub for few drinks before game and watch the early kick off beforehand? Preferably somewhere reasonably welcoming.   

Behind the wall in the town centre or Graeme Hotel on Grahams Road. The former is expensive for drink and the second will be full of Falkirk fans. 

There's also The Scotia in Manor Street but I don't know about drink price

I want the league wrapped up as soon as possible so a win here is obviously what we should be trying for.

I wonder how McGlynn will go into this game, obviously McPake has had his number all season so I'm half expecting a massive shake up to formation and tactics to try and catch us out.

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

I want the league wrapped up as soon as possible so a win here is obviously what we should be trying for.

I wonder how McGlynn will go into this game, obviously McPake has had his number all season so I'm half expecting a massive shake up to formation and tactics to try and catch us out.

Look, don't be coming on here taking the piss, OK?

Yeah I don't think McGlynn has a plan A2 let alone a plan B, plan C, etc. It'll be 4-2-3-1 for them I'd imagine, lots of passing about the backline and Oliver as the lone striker. TBF he does love a goal against the Pars but I think most observers felt it wasn't a stellar signing at the start of the season.

44 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yeah I don't think McGlynn has a plan A2 let alone a plan B, plan C, etc. It'll be 4-2-3-1 for them I'd imagine, lots of passing about the backline and Oliver as the lone striker. TBF he does love a goal against the Pars but I think most observers felt it wasn't a stellar signing at the start of the season.

He's worked out better than I thought he would when we signed him, but he's been given far too much responsibility for a team who *should* have been challenging for a title. TBF, we got very unlucky with Alegria going - he was very important for us

On 05/04/2023 at 19:24, Parsman85 said:

Best pub for few drinks before game and watch the early kick off beforehand? Preferably somewhere reasonably welcoming.   

Elizabethan