Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

Just now, Thorongil said:

Membership was £5 per month.

£5 x 125,000 per month is £7.5m per year.

My membership was £1 a month and quite frankly you are a mug if you paid more. 

No unexplained bodies, then. I don't think they let you out for that.

Slightly concerned that we'll never find out what they were digging around for now. Presumably the polis don't routinely do a spot of gardening when they turn up to investigate financial crimes.

14 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Membership was £5 per month.

£5 x 125,000 per month is £7.5m per year.

My membership cost £12 a year when I joined.

Think you may be confused with the £5  a year senior membership fee.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

7 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Nonsense. 

I've paid £1 per month since I've joined, and heres a screenshot of the current membership page

Screenshot 2023-04-05 22.46.45.png

£1 unless you're a Boomer, then it's a fiver.

<insert crack at Millennials>

3 hours ago, strichener said:

Ehm, no.  It was stated on the donation website that the money would be ringfenced for an Indy2 campaign.  You cannot spend ringfenced money on something else on the assumption that you can make good the funds later.  

When you lose 1/3 of your membership then it becomes unlikely that your budget will stretch to coving your ongoing costs, never mind putting back the spent ringfenced funds.

That's a fairly reasonable understanding of what you'd expect from "ring fencing" but it's not the only possible interpretation because that phrase isn't a "very specific term". 

Given how obvious it is that a crime has been committed in full public view i'm amazed the prosecution has taken this long. 

Get the p&b perry mason massive running the fiscals office i say. 

The whole thing is a ruse. It's a cover story to hide the fact that this is a celebrity episode of Ground Force. 

Tent comes down tomorrow. Charlie Dimmock shows the couple round their new water feature. "Police officers" with shovels reveal they are friends and neighbours who helped dig out the weeds. 

Due to air in September. 

I read The Guardian online most mornings, and there is almost nothing on this story - I dont mean "its been relegated down the page" I mean the story is almost impossible to find full stop.

I thought it might be the phone, so went on the laptop and it was still missing - I had to go on the "UK" section and there was one comment piece relating to how Murrells arrest may impact the SNP.

Maybe all the stories have been taken down pending update - but its beyond bizzare that such a big story is almost nowhere to be seen.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I read The Guardian online most mornings, and there is almost nothing on this story - I dont mean "its been relegated down the page" I mean the story is almost impossible to find full stop.

I thought it might be the phone, so went on the laptop and it was still missing - I had to go on the "UK" section and there was one comment piece relating to how Murrells arrest may impact the SNP.

Maybe all the stories have been taken down pending update - but its beyond bizzare that such a big story is almost nowhere to be seen.

Maybe they know there’s nothing in it?

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Maybe they know there’s nothing in it?

Its wierd, the main BBC website - again - has almost zero on it.

BBC Scotland - understandably - has loads of stories on the front page, and is wanking itself into a coma on the radio as I type.

Corruption is not, or at least should not, be a party political issue.

If anyone is guilty here they should face the full force of the law.

A high profile arrest, immediately released without charges look fairly suspect.

The UK media and establishment despise the SNP and will do everything possible to bring it down.

Think I'd be looking closer at missing COVID cash to be honest, in addition to this.