Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

1 hour ago, O_Kahn said:

The part I don't understand is, if you were snaffling £100k + from a political party, would you not squirrel it away in overseas bank accounts rather than a campervan on your mum's driveway?

I've not seen anything about it being used, which would make it all the more bizarre.

Buying a camper van with company money and using it for your hollibobs is tinpot; buying a "battle bus" and leaving it to rot on your mother's driveway for years is very odd. At least Div lets platinum members use the hot tub.

22 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

The SNP 'snapped up' new auditors.

Audacious eleventh-hour bid for experienced sweeper pays off!

Everything is relative.  Hundreds of thousands died in Iraq in Blair's military misadventure founded on deceit and lies.  The British economy has tanked thanks to Tory Government incompetence and a Brexit founded on deceit and lies.  Billions of pounds of public money have been lost due to Covid-related fraud.  In each case no-one has been formally held to account.

Contrast that with the media frenzy which has accompanied the internal incompetence, deceit and lies of the SNP.  Sure, it's a shitshow, but has anyone died, has any public money been misappropriated and what exactly have been the tangible adverse effects on the Scottish electorate ? 

And why should myself or any other SNP voter be assumed to be switching to Labour as a knee-jerk response ?

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And why should myself or any other SNP voter be assumed to be switching to Labour as a knee-jerk response ?

Because they think that if they lie enough times and convince enough SNP supporters that they're all jumping ship to vote for the "highly tempting" Keir Starmer Party, it will have that very effect.

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

The SNP 'snapped up' new auditors.

50 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Audacious eleventh-hour bid for experienced sweeper pays off!

Last minute swoop before the short money window 'slams shut'.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Everything is relative.  Hundreds of thousands died in Iraq in Blair's military misadventure founded on deceit and lies.  The British economy has tanked thanks to Tory Government incompetence and a Brexit founded on deceit and lies.  Billions of pounds of public money have been lost due to Covid-related fraud.  In each case no-one has been formally held to account.

Contrast that with the media frenzy which has accompanied the internal incompetence, deceit and lies of the SNP.  Sure, it's a shitshow, but has anyone died, has any public money been misappropriated and what exactly have been the tangible adverse effects on the Scottish electorate ? 

We should be aiming to do much, much better as an aspiring sovereign state than excusing deceit and lies (as opposed to common or garden incompetence) from the party of government. And much better than whataboutery about Iraq and COVID fraud. 

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

"But has anyone died" sounds like a brilliant silver bullet legal/moral defense imgho. People should use that more often. 

The best thing I can say about the above post is that it reads like Jeremy from Peep Show. 

3 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

"But has anyone died" sounds like a brilliant silver bullet legal/moral defense imgho. People should use that more often. 

The best thing I can say about the above post is that it reads like Jeremy from Peep Show. 

Jeremy from the Peep Show?

18 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

This is outrageous.

23 minutes ago, BTFD said:

This is outrageous.

f**k you, Bush. 

It's time to get out of Iraq, Bush. 

What were you even doing there in the first place, Bush? 

You didn't even get properly elected, Bush.

Are you happy now, Bush? 

f**k you, Bush.

Edited by RuMoore

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Thank you Sir Patrick Mayhew.

13 hours ago, virginton said:

We should be aiming to do much, much better as an aspiring sovereign state than excusing deceit and lies (as opposed to common or garden incompetence) from the party of government. And much better than whataboutery about Iraq and COVID fraud. 

I absolutely agree with you on doing better, and I specifically referred to SNP deceit and lies - we didn't need this current debacle to highlight them as the Salmond Inquiry would have sufficed.

And are we never allowed to draw comparisons without them being routinely consigned to whataboutery ? 

Sturgeon, Murrell and whoever will absolutely deserve whatever is coming to them, but be under no illusions, in the eyes of many people the biggest crime the SNP can commit is attempting to fracture the British State, and the UK media frenzy reflects that.  All of which from an independence standpoint makes their conduct despicable.

• 2 weeks later...

The police seem to be investigating an Amazon Prime account. This explains why they have been talking about fridge freezers, razor blades and gardening equipment - presumably if they can identify SNP funds being used to buy personal items from this account that they found being used in peoples houses then that could constitute a crime. Also has tax implications I believe.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/snp-funds-investigation-sees-amazon-29972677

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The police seem to be investigating an Amazon Prime account. This explains why they have been talking about fridge freezers, razor blades and gardening equipment - presumably if they can identify SNP funds being used to buy personal items from this account that they found being used in peoples houses then that could constitute a crime. Also has tax implications I believe.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/snp-funds-investigation-sees-amazon-29972677

Someone at PS is clearly feeding them information. The Record are in danger of prejudicing any trial (if there is one) - sailing very close to the wind with some of their reporting. 

I get there is a role for journalists to carry out investigative journalism - but we are now beyond that point - let PS get on with their investigation.

50 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Someone at PS is clearly feeding them information. The Record are in danger of prejudicing any trial (if there is one) - sailing very close to the wind with some of their reporting. 

I get there is a role for journalists to carry out investigative journalism - but we are now beyond that point - let PS get on with their investigation.

I find it difficult to believe they published this without realising the potential impacts - mind you, I thought the last one about the razor blades and SIM cards was ridiculous enough.

It would be utterly ridiculous if - assuming he actually has done something dodgy - Murrell got away with it because of some twat in the police sold these stories to the Record.