Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

47 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I think its just a delay and they will get the money once they get audited so shouldnt be a big issue, unless it takes a while and  they have serious cash flow problems. Then it can potentially start a ball rolling. 

I agree, wages for admin and secretaries have to be paid til the delay is over. Gonna get sticky

14 minutes ago, Artemis said:

I’m just wondering why the BBC and others are saying they could miss out completely

It is, of course, entirely possible that the BBC etc have not done as much research..........

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Apologies if this has already been answered but when this £110,000 motorhome was purchased was it not made public by the SNP to their members via the website, email or newsletters?

The Yes campaign has a press release for a horse box so you would have thought a motorhome would trump that.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

A stunning victory.  Independence surely closer due to this.

Incidentally, the firm they've appointed are actually overdue with their own filings.

Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Might stave off bankruptcy for a while.

34 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Incidentally, the firm they've appointed are actually overdue with their own filings.

Confirmation statement overdue is a pretty "meh" one in the scheme of things.

As long as they log on when they get the reminder its nothing and takes about 2 mins.

44 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

That's quite embarrassing given the ease by which you can action it. 

Overdue confirmation statements seem to be pretty common, almost certainly due to the lack of proactive enforcement. Perhaps dishing out penalties (corporate and/or personal) like a Senior Accounting Officer receives if they are late would put a stop to it. 

It is not a good look for an Auditor to be sloppy with their own paperwork. 

I think it an easy indicator of poor admin on their part. Make of that what you will…. 

And the SNP (maybe have to?) appoint an Auditor who don’t have an office in Scotland? Insert your own snigger here…

Edited by alta-pete

So at every election there always snidey complaints and photos of leaflets of other parties objecting to them not using local businesses and taking work out of Scotland. 

That won't happen next election I hope as the auditors found ain't local.

15 hours ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

I like how the BBC announced it like it was a big name free transfer to a Premier League club.

The SNP should do a signing photo in McDonald's like Stenny did a few years ago.

I see Murray Foote (ex SNP PR man) has written an article today suggesting the police investigation is over the top, and raising the spectacle of the RFC failed police inquiry (and the resultant compo bill).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65481090

It is going to be embarrassing for the police if no charges result from this.

The part I don't understand is, if you were snaffling £100k + from a political party, would you not squirrel it away in overseas bank accounts rather than a campervan on your mum's driveway?