Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

I don't think I would have been too upset if I'd donated to the fund and they blew it on the 2019 GE campaign, given the result. No idea what the legal framework of this was, but as usual, the major legal jeopardy likely concerns a cover up rather than the allocation of funds, unless the allegations involve actual theft or breaking electoral spending rules.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I suppose the bonus for Murrell and Sturgeon is that - what with the weather looking good for the weekend, there is already a nice gazebo in the back garden for a ferw glasses of bubbly?

And someone's done the spring digging for them.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think I would have been too upset if I'd donated to the fund and they blew it on the 2019 GE campaign, given the result. No idea what the legal framework of this was, but as usual, the major legal jeopardy likely concerns a cover up rather than the allocation of funds, unless the allegations involve actual theft or breaking electoral spending rules.

but there hasn't been a cover up has there? The SNP published the accounts and they were ratified at conference which is how people knew the bulk of the money had been spent 18 months ago

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe they built a sex dungeon with the money? The polis must be digging for something. She puts the lotion in the basket.

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The real question is what has happened to the £30m of membership fees that came in between 2014 and 2019.

For an organisation with as few employees and overheads as the SNP that’s quite the windfall when their membership rose from 25000 to 125,000. 

Employee Headcount didn’t increase. MPs, MSPs their staff and cooncilors get their pay elsewhere. 

so where did the £30m windfall go?

21 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

but there hasn't been a cover up has there? The SNP published the accounts and they were ratified at conference which is how people knew the bulk of the money had been spent 18 months ago

Aye, but why did Douglas Chapman feel he had resign as SNP Treasurer, claiming he couldn't do his job as he was refused access to the books? Don't know much about him but I don't get the impression he's a mad Cherryite.

7 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

The real question is what has happened to the £30m of membership fees that came in between 2014 and 2019.

For an organisation with as few employees and overheads as the SNP that’s quite the windfall when their membership rose from 25000 to 125,000. 

Employee Headcount didn’t increase. MPs, MSPs their staff and cooncilors get their pay elsewhere. 

so where did the £30m windfall go?

How do you get £30m?

£1 a month is the minimum subscription. 125000 x 12 only equals  £1.5m per year, and 125000 was the highest membership figure in any of these years

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

What does it state on the website. Maybe you should post that.

Since everyone is just dancing around it this is what it says.  No comment from me either way just the info. 

Screenshot_20230405-223355.png

Screenshot_20230405-223401.png

18 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

How do you get £30m?

£1 a month is the minimum subscription. 125000 x 12 only equals  £1.5m per year, and 125000 was the highest membership figure in any of these years

Membership was £5 per month.

£5 x 125,000 per month is £7.5m per year.

Just now, Thorongil said:

Membership was £5 per month.

£5 x 125,000 per month is £7.5m per year.

My membership was £1 a month and quite frankly you are a mug if you paid more.