🔴🟡 Thistle vs Ayr United ⚫️⚪️ - 15 April 2023

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

We play Paddy Reading which is basically the same thing.

It's the fact not only he is undroppable but he's never injured or suspended either.  It's just all the time never having more than one good game in 15. Still got another year of this shit to go as well :lol:

Brian Graham to score any time - NAP.

If we go with four in midfield we will allow Thistle to control the game - I would be putting Murdoch back in the team and dropping Maguire. I would also have O'Connor in place of McKenzie (dross) and let him get up to support Dipo.

Of course, Bullen will play 4-4-2 and do none of these things. 3-1 Thistle.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Brian Graham to score any time - NAP.

If we go with four in midfield we will allow Thistle to control the game - I would be putting Murdoch back in the team and dropping Maguire. I would also have O'Connor in place of McKenzie (dross) and let him get up to support Dipo.

Of course, Bullen will play 4-4-2 and do none of these things. 3-1 Thistle.

If O’Connor was dropped for one poor performance, then Ashford absolutely has to be for that absolute nuke of a showing at the weekend.

Three in the middle to try and control parts of the game, and then we have the pace of JML on the counter attack when we are struggling. O’Connor obviously on the other side. 

Just now, Shibuya said:

It's not that Ashford is brilliant, it's that JML is absolutely torture. 

I think JML is a better option than Ashford in certain games, plus he has a lot of pace - he needs space to run into to be effective and he should get that at the weekend so should suit him a little better. 

Im not saying that JML is brilliant mind. 

Just bought a ticket for this. Must be fucking mental but I’m annoyed I’ve only made two away games this season. The last game at Firhill and Falkirk in the cup. Both were absolutely shite so I think we know how this one will go. 

Just on the Ashford/JML debate. Neither are particularly great although they are still okay squad players I think. JML is more frustrating as he has the pace to rip full backs a new hole but has zero idea what to do with it. Plus his end product is very questionable. I’d start him here and have O’Connor on the other side. Just want to go into a ground, look at the starting line up and think “right out we haven’t set out to try and draw this one”. I can almost take the defeat after that. Was the same last season when the defeats and draws become easier to accept when Bullen actually started playing his best team. Before that it was annoying as f**k as you knew we were throwing points away before a ball was kicked. 

Drop Maguire, McAlear, McKenzie and Ashford. Get Murdoch, Smith, Daire and JML in and I’ll celebrate with a macaroni pie before kick off. Failure to do so will result in said pie being launched off Bullen’s shiny dome. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, mental probably covers it. Fair fucks to making the trip. 👏

As I said, if I’d been able to get to more away days then I’d probably have given it a miss. It’s not even finding the time for me but more the money. I made the conscious decision at the start of the season that I’d buy a season ticket but I’d be cutting back on the away days as they can be a fucking bomb depending on where you are going. 

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

As I said, if I’d been able to get to more away days then I’d probably have given it a miss. It’s not even finding the time for me but more the money. I made the conscious decision at the start of the season that I’d buy a season ticket but I’d be cutting back on the away days as they can be a fucking bomb depending on where you are going. 

Aye since Christmas I've cut back on a lot of the away games. Have also cancelled plans and got refunds for Inverness on the last day, would have been staying up there etc. Will save money for playoffs if we make it. If not, oh well.

Love away trips but it can be a fucking killer when it all adds up, especially when the hour and half at the game is a shite watch and we don't look interested in taking the game to an opponent. 

Think I'll go to firhill but fully prepared to be dissapointed from the outset.

Edited by AuAl

5 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

How are Thistles injuries 

Muirhead took a sore one on Friday is he fit

What with Hodson ?

Doolan’s pre-match interview will probably be out tomorrow, so we’ll find out then.

Even if Hodson is fit, I’d stay with Holt at left back if at all possible. I don’t mind Hodson, but he’s better coming on in midfield to see out the game. 

On 11/04/2023 at 16:37, No_Problemo said:

Yeah - you can say what you want about our current side, and the starting side at the weekend was certainly limited - but you can’t ever accuse them of not being up for games, or not caring. 

The literal manager accused them of not being up for games and not caring after one of the various recent dismal defeats.

Surprised that people are complaining about the travel though. Even if you're not city-based Maryhill is pretty much the easiest away ground to get to, and isn't four miles from the nearest neutral pub either.

30 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The literal manager accused them of not being up for games and not caring after one of the various recent dismal defeats.

Surprised that people are complaining about the travel though. Even if you're not city-based Maryhill is pretty much the easiest away ground to get to, and isn't four miles from the nearest neutral pub either.

The manager talks large amounts of shite tbh…

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Could walk there in 35/40 minutes and it's too far for this bunch of jobbers. 

6 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Even if Hodson is fit, I’d stay with Holt at left back if at all possible. I don’t mind Hodson, but he’s better coming on in midfield to see out the game. 

Agree with this. Holt was impressive at LB last week, and offers much more in an attacking sense from that position than Hodson (both are fairly solid defensively). I think Doolan will probably stick with the same XI from last week if possible. 

6 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Going to this game tomorrow, this might sound a stupid question but will i need a paper copy of the Ticket or does it work on mobile device? 

Mobiles fine, least it was just before Xmas