The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Arbroath 🔥🐟

8 minutes ago, jagfox said:

What the feck is happening there?

The Caley go 2-0 up from the spot, then get someone, red-carded right after 😕😂

The weegie ref chose to send off our best player in order to help his fellow weegies, Partick Thistle.

4 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The weegie ref chose to send off our best player in order to help his fellow weegies, Partick Thistle.

Okay, as long as you're not upset, m9.

Thank you.

This was not unexpected, and at least Hamilton lost too.  But Billy Dodds really does seem to have our number.  I watched ICT a few times last season, and he plays differently against other teams than he does against us.  He's clearly tactically aware, and he knows how to handle Dick.

Ach, not really unexpected really. A tough away game against our nemesis, 3 days after a huge effort v Dundee. The 7 game unbeaten run had to come to an end sometime and it was always likely to be tonight, away against the form team in the league.

The important thing is that Accies also lost by the same score so it’s as you were.

Saturday v Raith was always going to be a more winnable game so let’s forget about tonight and look forward to that.

Edited by Tattie36

Arbroath players are weird. Screaming Weegies sounding like 7 year old lassies at every tackle, then Sean Welsh 2 foots a boy from behind and he stands and takes it. Make your fucking mind lads 

That was a standard run of the mill victory. Those ones where you feel comfortable the whole game.

Arbroath’s fine unbeaten run comes to an end, but the score line of 2-0 flatters Inverness, not a great match, few goal opportunities, but very little between the teams.

The Inverness player getting sent off for a pointless tackle at the half way line was madness - along with Arbroath making 3 subs at the same time ( I have yet to see the benefits of doing this).

No change at the bottom and 4 games to go - so in some respects the night ended as it began .

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

This was not unexpected, and at least Hamilton lost too.  But Billy Dodds really does seem to have our number.  I watched ICT a few times last season, and he plays differently against other teams than he does against us.  He's clearly tactically aware, and he knows how to handle Dick.

I'm not really sure about having your number.

The two goals tonight were from players that showed touches that were a class apart. The first saw contributions from several our best players and the second was manufactured by your panicked defender and delivered by a quite superb penalty.

I know it's not a good look to be boastful in victory but I'd say that we have some players, now they are available, that are capable making a difference.

Maybe that's semantics and whatever, best of luck in the upcoming games.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Hate playing ICT. We never play well against them, very rarely win and hardly ever even score. Some teams just have your number, like we do with Morton.

Not sure it’s them having our number as we beat them 1-0 last season with that Mckenna stunner then 1-0 twice the season before with the Luke Donnelly goals then hammered them 3-0 at Gayfield the season before that one. ⚽🇱🇻🔥 I must admit though I hate playing them too lol. Just something about them