Ross County vs Aberdeen

Friday night fitba for the nation to watch!!!

Ross County will be aiming to get out of the play-off and get nearer St Johnstone while Aberdeen will be looking to open up a 5 points advantage over Hearts. 

Victoria Park Head to Heads Ross County haven't lost in the last 3 including a 4-1 win, before that Aberdeen won the last 5. 

We won't win now I've put that stat in 

Edited by betting competition

2 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I wish I could offer some insight into this match from a County perspective but I can’t. We could be rock solid in defence and threatening up front, or we could be powder puff long ball merchants gifting penalties, such is this season. 

The latter please. 

This game is huge for us now. 

Don't see Ross County as bottom team. On their day better than Dundee United and Kilmarnock. Saw Simon Murray a fair bit at Queens. On a rise vein of form just now. Best goal scorer of all 3 bottom teams. Expect Ross County to be 10th at worst.

12 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I wish I could offer some insight into this match from a County perspective but I can’t. We could be rock solid in defence and threatening up front, or we could be powder puff long ball merchants gifting penalties, such is this season. 

This.  It may be because the team is so young, or it may be the tactics and the manager, but County have, on occasion, looked like a team that should be nowhere near the relegation places.   They’ve also looked at times like a team that actually want to give away penalties.   

Friday’s game is absolutely pivotal for ourselves. Having watched only the highlights of the St Johnstone game I don’t really have that strong a grasp of what went on. However, it seems like we were well in control of the match and could’ve had a couple more. Aberdeen will pose a completely different threat though. I expect the Dons will have the majority of the ball and it’ll be up to ourselves to keep our discipline and take our chances on the break. I think we’ll start with something like:

Laidlaw

Randall-Smith-Iacovitti

Sims-Loturi-Cancola-Kenneh-Harmon

White-Murray

Obviously with Brophy being injured, Murray will start but I reckon he deserved a start anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Baldwin shoehorned in somehow - potentially into the right side of the three with Randall maybe pushed up one in place of Sims. Other than that, I don’t see anything changing.

I’m really positive about this game and I think we can take something. Though they’ve won their last 2 on the road, Aberdeen’s away form is still questionable and we’ve nothing to fear here. I’m going to go with a 2-1 win for the home side.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Baldwin shoehorned in somehow - potentially into the right side of the three with Randall maybe pushed up one in place of Sims. Other than that, I don’t see anything changing.

Baldwin is the team captain and will almost certainly come in. He would be in the centre of the three, Smith on the right, which tends to be the way of things when it comes to youth vs seniority.

I reckon we need to up our game quite a bit to get 3 points here. Last 2 performances have not been spectacular and Mackay will have have set up for a fight. Shinnie being back is key and big onus on Clarkson again to pull the strings for Duk and Miovski. Wish I could've made it up, Friday night in the Highlands will be class. 1-2 Dons. 

4 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’m really positive about this game and I think we can take something. Though they’ve won their last 2 on the road, Aberdeen’s away form is still questionable and we’ve nothing to fear here. I’m going to go with a 2-1 win for the home side.

I love reading this positivity and belief that County will win; hopefully, it's misplaced.

It's when they opposition start saying how dreadful they are that I suspect that they suspect they'll win the match.

I think this game is absolutely pivtol for third place with only three points good enough with potential visits to St Mirren, Hearts and the Govan snake pit and home matches against the Gruesome Twosome looming,

Edited by Bogbrush1903