Rovers v Arbroath 15 04 2023

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Kirkcaldy up there for me. It’s close between Kirkcaldy and Partick Thistle I reckon.

Taking Dundee out the equation because that’s obviously a bit different for us seeing as it’s so local and a ‘derby’ (I know it’s not but you know what I mean) 

Cannot wait for my train in a couple hour 

Dundee might not be your “derby” but it’s a pretty decent substitute with no other Angus teams in the division. Without the Pars, Falkirk or East Fife we’ve severely lacked any kind of derby to look forward to this season. Partick for some reason has never been one of my favourite away days and I don’t understand why, it’s Glasgow, their fans are a decent bunch and it’s easy to get to.  I think it must be their terrifying mascot. 

17 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

It’s a tough balance ‘decent away day next season’ v ‘seeing Dick Campbell have a melt down’.  I actually think Arbroath will be fine even if we beat them. They’ve got better goal difference and I just don’t think Accies will win more than 3 points. As for Cove they’ve already chucked it. 

We have Cove and Hamilton both to play at Gayfield after this and dunno if that is currently a blessing or a curse cause we've been awful at Gayfield. 

But there has been a big improvement. Banks, Balde, Hetherington and Dow have been solid additions. Adarkwa and El Mhanni also contributed and look dangerous in very patchy sporadic spells but they’ve made a difference. Olusanya and Komolafe not so much however no matter how hard a time Olusanya has got from our fans without his last minute equaliser at Cove we could’ve went 7 points behind and could’ve potentially been doomed that day.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

17 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

It’s a tough balance ‘decent away day next season’ v ‘seeing Dick Campbell have a melt down’.  I actually think Arbroath will be fine even if we beat them. They’ve got better goal difference and I just don’t think Accies will win more than 3 points. As for Cove they’ve already chucked it. 

I hope Arbroath stay up, but we beat them today and they secure survival either on the last day or, better still, against Falkirk in the playoffs.

If Raith approach this like a footballing side, then I think we have a chance, as we are currently well set up against teams like that.  When teams come to attack and play us off the pitch, we are in our element.

That's what went wrong against Inverness, they came out in full clash of the dinosaurs mode, and we don't play so well against that. 

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

I’d be surprised if Arbroath don’t win, I also expect at least one of their goals to be from a set piece.

Absolutely.

An Arbroath supporting pal of mine said last night that they're playing much better than earlier in the season, but he wasn't sure where the goals would come from.

To which I replied 'From a set piece'.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Absolutely.

An Arbroath supporting pal of mine said last night that they're playing much better than earlier in the season, but he wasn't sure where the goals would come from.

To which I replied 'From a set piece'.

So long as we have McKenna on corners, there's always a chance.

38 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm guessing that will still mean Brown at centre back unfortunately. 

Would rather we started Young at left back and Dick at centre back.

Looks like McGill at left back with Dick in the middle with Nolan, based on the warmup anyway.

54 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm guessing that will still mean Brown at centre back unfortunately. 

Would rather we started Young at left back and Dick at centre back.

Suggestion on the RaithTV broadcast that Dick is at CB with Nolan….we’ll see how they line up.

Edit: Confirmed, McGill at LB!

Edited by TxRover