Team of the Season

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Fair enough, that's your opinion. The topic is team of the season though and the stats speak for themselves.

If it was "Who's the team of the season" there wouldn't be much point to a thread, you'd look at the league table. 

Dunfermline were the best team, it doesn't mean there aren't better individual players in other sides though. 

49 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If it was "Who's the team of the season" there wouldn't be much point to a thread, you'd look at the league table. 

Dunfermline were the best team, it doesn't mean there aren't better individual players in other sides though. 

Take your point but I was talking about defence specifically, Breen has had a better season than Donaldson.

To give balance, I think both Paton and Gallagher have had better seasons than any of our strikers and would include them in my team of the season.

6 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Fair enough, that's your opinion. The topic is team of the season though and the stats speak for themselves.

Aye, but Breen has been playing in the best defensive structure, with the best defensive midfielder I front of him which helps. 

The likes of Donaldson, Fontaine and Dillon have had good seasons. Is our defensive record down to Breen? Or would it be fair to say he's not always been the first choice partner to Bene? 

Donaldson for me is a decent defender but he's had his rush of blood to the head moments aswell. When he's on his game he's a very good defender at this level and he's had a few different partners at centre half like McKay, Mackie, Henderson throughout the season. 

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Mehmet

Fontaine

Benedictus

Breen 

Morrison

Todd

Chalmers

Nesbitt

Edwards

Paton

Agyeman

A 352. if you don't like it, suck my plums.

I don't like it! 

When are you free? 

We all agreeing Matty Todd is getting player of the year? He fucking better, or I’ll…well, I’ll not be able to do anything, because it is outwith my control, but I’ll not be pleased. 

Interesting topic with some decent looking picks thus far. 

Suppose you could just go Dunfermline defence (conceded 19) and Airdrie attack (scored 76), but that's maybe a tad simplistic.