🔴⚪️ Hamilton Academical vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 - 22nd April 2023

Really big game for both sides. Thistle looking to secure play offs while Accies are looking to avoid the drop.
One thing you can say about the Championship is that there is nearly always something to play for - for nearly every side come the business end of the season.

10 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Just take the 3 points now Thistle we have no chance if Thistle are in the mood this could be easily another hammering against us. 

Aw don't start that, we had that all last week with Ayr fans, it was 1-1 and Ayr played pretty well. There can be pumpings in the this league, but realistically there is rarely an easy game. 

Feels weird to say this, but I genuinely can't be arsed with play-offs from a 3rd/4th point of view, waste of time, should just be the team finishing in 2nd place involved. 

5 hours ago, thistledo said:

Aw don't start that, we had that all last week with Ayr fans, it was 1-1 and Ayr played pretty well. There can be pumpings in the this league, but realistically there is rarely an easy game. 

Feels weird to say this, but I genuinely can't be arsed with play-offs from a 3rd/4th point of view, waste of time, should just be the team finishing in 2nd place involved. 

Ayr are in a playoff fight and have been good the majority of the season we are basically guaranteed bottom 2 and have been dreadful all season expect from a couple fluke results. We haven't scored a goal in open play In about 9 games. So as long as you don't give away a pen and defend set pieces it will be a comfortable win for Thistle.

Weirdly intrigued to see how we bounce back from a disappointing performance, last week. 

Not the happiest of hunting grounds, for Thistle, if you take the 6-1 Friday night thrashing out, as an outlier. 

Would be happy with another 2-1, like our last visit. That was the precursor to our mid-season horrible run of losses right enough...

Edited by jagfox

Our record at NDP isn't that bad, I make it 6 wins*, 9 draws and 8 defeats with a couple of the defeats and the draw coming in the early season cups. 

Wonder if Doolan will be tempted to change the midfield and attack around a bit after the limp performance vs Ayr, but none of Fitzpatrick, Dowds, or Mullen offered much off the bench. 

If Hodson is fit I can see Brownlie being dropped after his horrorshow at the weekend and Holt moving back into the middle alongside Muirhead

*not counting win vs Albion Rovers in 2004, I also have a feeling we've played someone else there as a neutral venue but can't be sure.

On 19/04/2023 at 17:54, jagfox said:

Not the happiest of hunting grounds, for Thistle, if you take the 6-1 Friday night thrashing out, as an outlier. 

That’s not my experience of Hamilton over the years. Seen us win there far more than I’ve seen us lose.

33 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

That’s not my experience of Hamilton over the years. Seen us win there far more than I’ve seen us lose.

Probably phrased that wrong, meant more the games tend to be close, in terms of score lines. 

Interesting that Doolan suggests Tiffoney injured himself during the goal last week, saw a few people suggest he looked like he was carrying a knock at times during the game. 

Would imagine it’s a straight swap with Fitzpatrick coming in, unless Doolan either changes to two up front or starts Smith out wide instead. 

The Accies fanbase are demoralised  after that calamitous defending which cost us three points on Tuesday after going ahead with that wondrous Connor Smith free kick.

For all Rankin's paper talk,we don't see a side bursting at the seams to gain points and the goals conceded in the last three games show this.

In addition,Rankin's subs and game management are atrocious and a decent Manager would have yielded 3-5 points the last three games by shit-festing our way to results.

Thistle will be expected to win easily-at least by the dejected Accies support  but will that go against them the longer it stays level?

All I want is a reaction to Tuesday night,a bit of effort,not playing guys out of position and take it from there and see where it takes us.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian