SPFL 2 playoffs - (Brechin,) Spartans and (another) Albion Rovers

On 14/05/2023 at 20:02, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hope Albion Rovers do the business because Spartans are a complete farce, but it is time for 1 up 1 down. 

Poor from you.Spartans do so much great stuff for the community you wouldnt believe.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Opened the gates for the b teams, hope they get pumped. 

Along with others yes this is isnt good at all.The b teams have to get thrown out there is no place in the pyramid for any b team.According to some though alot of SPFL2 support b teams and FAR worse the new proposed conference (which is far worse than just inviting in guest clubs to the LL for a bit coin).

Where do Albion Rovers sit on this?

Edited by Sparticus

16 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Along with others yes this is isnt good at all.The b teams have to get thrown out there is no place in the pyramid for any b team.According to some though alot of SPFL2 support b teams and FAR worse the new proposed conference (which is far worse than just inviting in guest clubs to the LL for a bit coin).

Dont take it personally if it was any other club in the LL who voted for the b teams id want them to get beat too. 

29 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont take it personally if it was any other club in the LL who voted for the b teams id want them to get beat too. 

Wonder if it would be better without them in the LL next season when it comes to the B teams vote - it could swing the other way with Linlithgow and Albion Rovers instead of Spartans and Dalbeattie... though by then it could be too late if the Conference league is set up.

I'm all for the Conference, but with the following conditions:

1) There is no promotion or relegation from it.

2) It is not integrated into the pyramid

3) It's renamed the SPL Reserve League

Anyway, I'm disappointed not to have got a ticket for this game. I would never heave dreamed that it would sell out in 8 minutes, in fact I wasn't sure it would sell out at all. It does demonstrate that there is a lot of interest in this play-off fixture, and I would suggest that's ultimately down to the implications of the 'trap door'. I really hope Albion Rovers win this tie.

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

If you’re talking about the supporters, 100% against. And contemptuous of the clubs who voted the B teams in.

If we end up playing B teams, we’ll have very low crowds as many of our fans have made clear they will boycott these matches.

49 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

SPARTANS FANS NORNALLY DONT TRAVEL. THEY CANT EVEN BE BOTHERED TO TRAVEL THE TWO MILES TO ATTEND THEIR DERBY GAME @ CIVIL SERVICE STROLLERS @ MUIRHOUSE

Not a criticism, but that's because they have very few fans other than kids and their parents. Very few of the kids even watch the game, other than the young team with the drum in the stand. The others just run about, mostly in the astro cage behind the goal.

9 hours ago, Rover77 said:

If you’re talking about the supporters, 100% against. And contemptuous of the clubs who voted the B teams in.

If we end up playing B teams, we’ll have very low crowds as many of our fans have made clear they will boycott these matches.

No not the fans i meant the club board.

As far as i see almost all fans are against this b team rubbish.

I see there’s a fair few fans complaining they never got tickets. How long has that terraced stand been “unfit for purpose?” Annoys me when clubs have stands in their grounds but can’t use them. Rovers have missed out on a bigger attendance because they’ve failed to fix that stand up. A waste.

Aye they've really dropped the ball by not spending likely hundreds of thousands of pounds they've never had, to allow a one-off crowd of rubber-neckers to see whether they stay at national league level or not. The cost-benefit analysis speaks for itself. 🤡

On 16/05/2023 at 20:54, Ginaro said:

Wonder if it would be better without them in the LL next season when it comes to the B teams vote...

Strongly suspect it would be. Also potentially favourable on the pro/rel issue where modifying the playoff into the LL is concerned.

On 16/05/2023 at 21:26, MAC THE KNIFE said:

SPARTANS FANS NORNALLY DONT TRAVEL. THEY CANT EVEN BE BOTHERED TO TRAVEL THE TWO MILES TO ATTEND THEIR DERBY GAME @ CIVIL SERVICE STROLLERS @ MUIRHOUSE

On 16/05/2023 at 22:18, PELE said:

Not a criticism, but that's because they have very few fans other than kids and their parents. Very few of the kids even watch the game, other than the young team with the drum in the stand. The others just run about, mostly in the astro cage behind the goal.

Also CCS play in the middle of fucking nowhere which is wild for an Edinburgh team. The only place for a pint/bottle is their social if I mind correct?

Edited by the jambo-rocker

2 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Also CCS play in the middle of fucking nowhere which is wild for an Edinburgh team. The only place for a pint/bottle is their social if I mind correct?

Middle of nowhere? It’s just off Muirhouse Parkway and West Granton Road, easily accessible by public transport.

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I see there’s a fair few fans complaining they never got tickets. How long has that terraced stand been “unfit for purpose?” Annoys me when clubs have stands in their grounds but can’t use them. Rovers have missed out on a bigger attendance because they’ve failed to fix that stand up. A waste.

It is not a stand. Stands have seats. it is called 'terracing', like the things Muirton had.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Middle of nowhere? It’s just off Muirhouse Parkway and West Granton Road, easily accessible by public transport.

I meant from a things in the area to do perspective, unless you're going out for 18 holes before/after.

On 16/05/2023 at 19:54, Ginaro said:

Wonder if it would be better without them in the LL next season when it comes to the B teams vote - it could swing the other way with Linlithgow and Albion Rovers instead of Spartans and Dalbeattie... though by then it could be too late if the Conference league is set up.

Star have always been a good guy wrt b teams.