SPFL 2 playoffs - (Brechin,) Spartans and (another) Albion Rovers

21 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I have misunderstood nothing, Airdrie may have bought Clydebank, but they did not move there and replace them.  If that was the basis of your supposition it was a pretty shaky one.

I'm not excited by something that happened 13 years ago. It wasn't even that exciting then. Just give the sanctimonious stuff a rest your club's hands aren't clean.

What I will admit is my embarrassment and horror that  my own club has issued no condemnation of the unacceptable behaviour towards your fans from a bunch of teenage thugs we are inflicted with. None on assaults on 12s and under at Dumbarton and Albion Rovers either.

No statement. No apology. Nothing , absolutely shameful.

I wasn't suggesting Rangers would buy East Stirling and move to Firs Park, either. 

You clearly did misunderstand, else you wouldn't have talked about Airdries shareholders.

It's ok. I'm not looking for victories on the Internet.

Enjoy your Sunday.

2 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

It's ok. I'm not looking for victories on the Internet.

Enjoy your Sunday.

You too, there are no victories on the internet, only different perspectives for different reasons. For what it's worth I'm totally opposed to B teams as well, but I confine my outrage to them. Doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong. It does guarantee a few clashes though.

3 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

You too, there are no victories on the internet, only different perspectives for different reasons. For what it's worth I'm totally opposed to B teams as well, but I confine my outrage to them. Doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong. It does guarantee a few clashes though.

As the old quote goes, opinions are like bum holes, we all have one.

On 13/05/2023 at 22:04, Sparticus said:

2200 at the Bonnyrigg Cowdenbeath playoff first leg last year.Looked around that maybe more today.

1900 at the Brechin - Spartans game at glebe the other week with around 250 spartans fans there . For a big game like that I maybe would have expected more from Edinburgh. 

An old debate on here was that Spartans used to count the overhead planes and Morrisons car park just to boost the numbers.:whistle

Looks like their work in the community is shooting some leaves though. 

Not sure if a 4th Edinburgh team in the SPFL would work and how far their ambitions aim but they certainly have a forward thinking chairman at the helm. 

51 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

1900 at the Brechin - Spartans game at glebe the other week with around 250 spartans fans there . For a big game like that I maybe would have expected more from Edinburgh. 

It is what it is i suppose.

i do hope Brechin find their way back eventually.I have a wee spot for them as i remember going to Brechin 0-0 Hibs pre season friendly in the early 80s when i was a bairn.I was quite amazed by the hedge.

Edited by Sparticus

12 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Think so, there must have been 50-100 youngsters in the their new stand singing and bouncing away, they were also well behaved in comparison to our own. There were also a large number of youngsters in what looked to be Spartans Youth Team kit dotted about the stadium, which was all good to see I would say. 

19 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

An old debate on here was that Spartans used to count the overhead planes and Morrisons car park just to boost the numbers.:whistle

Not sure if a 4th Edinburgh team in the SPFL would work and how far their ambitions aim but they certainly have a forward thinking chairman at the helm. 

Well it is the capital, and that would give them more SPFL teams than play in Glasgow.