The Final Battle - Queen's Park vs Dundee FC - 05/05/2023

• Friday night league decider
  • 6 first half goals, 8 in total
  • Pitch invasions
  • Limbs
  • 2 old boys watching the game over the wall using ladders. 
  • Owen Coyle in tears

What a game of football that was.

Edited by MONKMAN

Howlin' watching that Owen Coyle interview. An absolute roaster of man. Claiming his team controlled the game with passing and all Dundee done was punt it long is hilarious. James McFadden - numerous times - had to make the point that Queens shouldn't be trying to get it in behind for Shields every time they get possession. The boy Fox completed about 3 out of 100 passes because he just hoofs it. It was the 90th minute and he went short for a ball off Ferrie and then hoofed it straight out the park. :lol:

Nice to hear Coyle call Queens fans staunch on Coronation weekend.

The wee wobble on his lips, the tears in his eyes. The shrieking in his voice.

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

All brought on by Dundee FC. Get it right fucking up you, Owen Coyle.

Congratulations to Dundee, you clearly deserved that win. Team with biggest budget in the league wins league and I'm talking about first team budget. The money going into QP is spent on the academy and community projects. One look at that QP bench tells you that this isn't a Gretna style attempt to buy a league title. I haven't plucked up the courage to watch the thoughts of Owen Coyle yet, and I fear I never will. There's lots to praise for the way he's dragged this unlikely combination of players to within a hairsbreadth of winning the Championship but equally he has to take the criticism for the glaring deficiencies in the team which haven't been addressed over the last couple of months.

What now? For Dundee it could be a real struggle in the Premiership unless they strengthen. For Queen's - I can't see them being promoted through the playoffs and they will need big changes if they're going to put in any kind of challenge in the league next season.

Edited by Spidersmad

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k ya @jagfox - his solo bodyguard duty of Coyle and this means he's dispelled the boring tag, surely?!

No, still very boring.

Well done to the Dees.

Bkring Gary may prove to be, a better top flight manager. Pragmatic rather than exciting.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Fair play Dees, enjoy your victory. Thanks for granting a huge bonus to the remaining 9 teams in the championship, who'll wake up tomorrow and realise that your dysfunctional, neanderthal bangers won't be soiling this section of the forum for at least another year until you come straight back down again. You'll be missed.

By no-one.

B4D1A44F-662B-4622-B04D-B5DCA157ECA5.gif

IMG_6378.gif

IMG_5679.gif

IMG_6455.gif

9 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Fair play Dees, enjoy your victory. Thanks for granting a huge bonus to the remaining 9 teams in the championship, who'll wake up tomorrow and realise that your dysfunctional, neanderthal bangers won't be soiling this section of the forum for at least another year until you come straight back down again. You'll be missed.

By no-one.

1_Come-Dine-with-Me-enjoy-the-money-Jane

Brilliant game, Fair play to both teams for going at it from minute one. It was great to see a game unspoilt by VAR which I'm sure would have stopped the flow of the game on numerous occasions. Would be good if they looked at that spectacle last night and chucked VAR in the bin. You will never see a game like that in the premiership.

Just now, Joe Terrapin said:

Brilliant game, Fair play to both teams for going at it from minute one. It was great to see a game unspoilt by VAR which I'm sure would have stopped the flow of the game on numerous occasions. Would be good if they looked at that spectacle last night and chucked VAR in the bin. You will never see a game like that in the premiership.

Oh yeah, we're gonna have VAR next season...

John Cena Omg GIF

14 hours ago, Alan_G said:

Only disappointing thing with pitch invasion is you might not see trophy, lap of honour etc on the telly. Well done for winning, great game to watch. Fingers crossed we are still up to get the free 9-12 points off ya next year :D

yeh, yeh. You lot said that last season against one of the poorest Dundee teams I've ever seen.  3 draws, 3 goals and a solitary 1-0 victory courtesy of our keeper throwing it in

1 hour ago, Spidersmad said:

Monty Python GIF - Monty Python Fart Upset GIFs

In your Leagues case the team the team with the biggest budget doesn’t necessarily win the league. You and Ayr have bottled this for weeks if not months, where have you been ? You have the best manager end of story.

Congratulations to Dundee on getting promoted. It was a great match yesterday and although both teams went for it Dundee deserved to go up and hope you guys do well back in the premiership. As for Queen’s I’m so proud of the team. We weren’t expected to do well this season never mind push Dundee to the last game of the championship but in the end our inexperience and their class showed in the later stages and that’s why they’re champions. I’ve enjoyed going to some cracking away days and meeting new people along the way and while yesterday’s result hurts, the squad have gave it their all throughout the season and we just need to pick ourselves up and navigate through the Playoffs. It will be tough but we were in this situation last year and hoping for a similar outcome. Will miss the Dee fans on the P&B Championship Forum especially that one guy asking fans for a beating I think it was The Derry and haven’t seen then comment in a while so maybe we can have a last scrap for good old times😉

4 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

Congratulations to Dundee, you clearly deserved that win. Team with biggest budget in the league wins league and I'm talking about first team budget. The money going into QP is spent on the academy and community projects. One look at that QP bench tells you that this isn't a Gretna style attempt to buy a league title. I haven't plucked up the courage to watch the thoughts of Owen Coyle yet, and I fear I never will. There's lots to praise for the way he's dragged this unlikely combination of players to within a hairsbreadth of winning the Championship but equally he has to take the criticism for the glaring deficiencies in the team which haven't been addressed over the last couple of months.

What now? For Dundee it could be a real struggle in the Premiership unless they strengthen. For Queen's - I can't see them being promoted through the playoffs and they will need big changes if they're going to put in any kind of challenge in the league next season.

Div really needs to expand the dotting system to also include so kind of laughing face emoji specifically for posts like this.