Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

I have absolutely no idea as to why Cowdenbeath FC are being portrayed as the only evil club in regards to those who voted for the B teams to be included in next seasons LL  as another 9 clubs also voted for this as well. At least Cowden stated their reasons for this openly and gave reasons for their vote. 

I personally disagree with the Ugly Sisters B teams being involved in any respect in the LL or any other area of the league. Why don’t they just participate in the. Reserve league? 

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Cowden are supporting the set up of this ridiculous Conference League.  Those who are suggesting that we do are probably the same people who assumed that we thought we somehow thought we were better than other LL Clubs . Nothing is further from the truth. I think that virtually every remaining Cowden fan accepts that we are exactly where we deserve to be just now. It’s obviously hard to go from being a Championship side and competing and beating top level sides to being at the fag end of Scottish Football. 

I now realise that I’ve seen Cowdenbeath at the absolute peak of achievement in many decades and after years of disappointment it means a huge amount to me.  So many teams will never surpass what I have seen Cowden achieve.  I will be long gone if they ever do anything similar ever again but I don’t actually care. 

If Cowden did ever agree to this ridiculous Conference league I will never set foot in Central Park again. It’s a truly crazy proposition and needs to be rejected completely. 

3 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

I have absolutely no idea as to why Cowdenbeath FC are being portrayed as the only evil club in regards to those who voted for the B teams to be included in next seasons LL  as another 9 clubs also voted for this as well. At least Cowden stated their reasons for this openly and gave reasons for their vote. 

I personally disagree with the Ugly Sisters B teams being involved in any respect in the LL or any other area of the league. Why don’t they just participate in the. Reserve league? 

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Cowden are supporting the set up of this ridiculous Conference League.  Those who are suggesting that we do are probably the same people who assumed that we thought we somehow thought we were better than other LL Clubs . Nothing is further from the truth. I think that virtually every remaining Cowden fan accepts that we are exactly where we deserve to be just now. It’s obviously hard to go from being a Championship side and competing and beating top level sides to being at the fag end of Scottish Football. 

I now realise that I’ve seen Cowdenbeath at the absolute peak of achievement in many decades and after years of disappointment it means a huge amount to me.  So many teams will never surpass what I have seen Cowden achieve.  I will be long gone if they ever do anything similar ever again but I don’t actually care. 

If Cowden did ever agree to this ridiculous Conference league I will never set foot in Central Park again. It’s a truly crazy proposition and needs to be rejected completely. 

Nice post mate, but it’s not even worth trying to reason with them anymore.

28 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Nice post mate, but it’s not even worth trying to reason with them anymore.

I will always support the honour of Cowdenbeath FC. We have our faults but we have never gone bust and ripped off local businesses like Dunfermline did. It makes me vomit to see Dunfermline supporters try and slag us off after they shafted so many people by spending well beyond their means and going into administration and paying virtually nothing to those who relied on them paying what they were owed. The holier than thow Pars fans can get to f**k. 
As I have said, I disagree with our boards decision to vote for the B teams as they voted against them last season. They gave their reasons, unlike most others who voted  for. 
It would be madness to support the conference and I absolutely don’t think that Cowden would vote for it. At the least I know we will will give the reason for our vote. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

2 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

I will always support the honour of Cowdenbeath FC. We have our faults but we have never gone bust and ripped off local businesses like Dunfermline did. It makes me vomit to see Dunfermline supporters try and slag us off after they shafted so many people by spending well beyond their means and going into administration and paying virtually nothing to those who relied on them paying what they were owed. The holier than thow Pars fans can get to f**k. 
As I have said, I disagree with our boards decision to vote for the B teams as they voted against them last season. They gave their reasons, unlike most others who voted  for. 
It would be madness to support the conference and I absolutely don’t think that Cowden would vote for it. At the least I know we will will give the reason for our vote. 

It was predictable due to a lack of transparency from every other club in the Lowland League who voted for the B teams, that Cowdenbeath get the backlash from the few wee gammons on here that get their knickers in a twist.

Reading between the lines, my opinion is that Cowdenbeath wouldn’t vote to support the conference (that is only my opinion, I could be way out), even though they voted for the B teams being allowed in for 23/24, for reasons already given that did not meet with approval from the keyboard lynch mob.

8 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

To answer this part, I (and others) have alluded to it previously - 

1. There are several Cowdenbeath fans who, when suggesting alternatives to the Conference or just ideas about reorganisation in general, include B teams in their suggestions. 

2. Historically, even before Cowdenbeath were relegated, some Cowdenbeath fans were seen as supporters of (or at the very least ambivalent towards) including B teams in the Challenge Cup and latterly the Lowland League.

3. On the Cowdenbeath thread, the games against the B Teams have been seen as positive things with people commenting on "how good it was to see away fans in the bar", "there was a good crowd tonight, lots of neutrals and home fans coming to see the colts" etc. and talking about trying to get fans of the Old Firm to come along to see the B team by moving fixtures so they aren't playing at the same time as the main team etc. For many supporters, any support of these games is seen as tacit acceptance of them if not outright support of them. 

4. You've said that Cowdenbeath openly stated their reasons for voting for B teams but every time a supporter of another club asks for the reasons to be spelled out, folk say stuff like "it was mentioned at the supporters meeting" and "it's well known what the reasons are, I'm not getting into all that again" rather than just spelling it out for those of us who weren't at the meeting and would like to know exactly what was said to make the board come to those conclusions. 

5. You've got a reasonably large and active group of supporters on Pie and Bovril whereas the other clubs who supported it have either fewer fans on P&B, or virtually no fans at all.

I feel sorry for guys like you who have been tarred by the same brush and I can imagine your frustration when people assume you're in favour when clearly you personally are not. You are also correct in that Cowdenbeath were not the only club to vote Yes. Sadly fans of these other clubs haven't been brave enough to raise their head above the parapet.

The rest of your post is spot on, and I hope that the majority of Cowdenbeath fans feel the same way rather than the way it is sometimes portrayed. 

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

It was predictable due to a lack of transparency from every other club in the Lowland League who voted for the B teams, that Cowdenbeath get the backlash from the few wee gammons on here that get their knickers in a twist.

Reading between the lines, my opinion is that Cowdenbeath wouldn’t vote to support the conference (that is only my opinion, I could be way out), even though they voted for the B teams being allowed in for 23/24, for reasons already given that did not meet with approval from the keyboard lynch mob.

A positive to take from the weans vote is that this conference crap, which is 1million times worse, is in the fuller public domain now. 

Apparently there is a year before the cranes place it in above Tiers 5, so I believe it's time to for all to stop this 'coo bashing'. 

The fans do seem 100% against it, the club; have not declared publicly at least.

I've stated previously that like people in coo fans position it seems human nature to become passive aggressive. I realise their in history between yourselves and other teams in the kingdom, but there are also a fair amount of us who have no allegiance to any club in fifedom. 

Calling us all "wee gammons" further alienates and marginalises you coo lovers.

And as a vegan I find being termed a 'gammon' extremely offensive. See what I did there.

We all love oor game. Doesn't appear the establishment and their clubs love anything outside themselves and their blazers.

Stop the conference. 

Get rid of the weans.

32 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

1. There are several Cowdenbeath fans who, when suggesting alternatives to the Conference or just ideas about reorganisation in general, include B teams in their suggestions. 

2. Historically, even before Cowdenbeath were relegated, some Cowdenbeath fans were seen as supporters of (or at the very least ambivalent towards) including B teams in the Challenge Cup and latterly the Lowland League.

3. On the Cowdenbeath thread, the games against the B Teams have been seen as positive things with people commenting on "how good it was to see away fans in the bar", "there was a good crowd tonight, lots of neutrals and home fans coming to see the colts" etc. and talking about trying to get fans of the Old Firm to come along to see the B team by moving fixtures so they aren't playing at the same time as the main team etc. For many supporters, any support of these games is seen as tacit acceptance of them if not outright support of them. 

4. You've said that Cowdenbeath openly stated their reasons for voting for B teams but every time a supporter of another club asks for the reasons to be spelled out, folk say stuff like "it was mentioned at the supporters meeting" and "it's well known what the reasons are, I'm not getting into all that again" rather than just spelling it out for those of us who weren't at the meeting and would like to know exactly what was said to make the board come to those conclusions. 

5. You've got a reasonably large and active group of supporters on Pie and Bovril whereas the other clubs who supported it have either fewer fans on P&B, or virtually no fans at all.

I feel sorry for guys like you who have been tarred by the same brush and I can imagine your frustration when people assume you're in favour when clearly you personally are not. You are also correct in that Cowdenbeath were not the only club to vote Yes. Sadly fans of these other clubs haven't been brave enough to raise their head above the parapet.

The rest of your post is spot on, and I hope that the majority of Cowdenbeath fans feel the same way rather than the way it is sometimes portrayed. 

Because the reasons as set out were complex, explained at some length and not readily summarised on a nutshell basis.  The fact is CFC don’t support B teams in the structure but the Conference is a bigger issue - the B teams in the LL had already been let in the door.  

31 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't think any of our fans are in favour of the Conference which is shit but realise the B teams arn't going to go away.

Clubs in the SPFL voted them into the Challenge Cup as a compromise for getting Group stages in the League Cup. This season is the only time the club voted for B teams in the LL always against it in the SPFL and last season in the LL.

Think 1 person mentioned away fans in the bar in hospitality, only midweek B team home game was with Hearts with our normal crowd didn't see any Jambos if any were there,

Wasn't at the meeting so don't know all what was said.

Fair point.

11 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Because the reasons as set out were complex, explained at some length and not readily summarised on a nutshell basis.

:lol:

Heard it all now, the lads at Cowdenbeath have it all worked out but it's too complex to explain it to everyone else. 

41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

Heard it all now, the lads at Cowdenbeath have it all worked out but it's too complex to explain it to everyone else. 

Sounds like a description of Maurice Ross's tactics

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Because the reasons as set out were complex, explained at some length and not readily summarised on a nutshell basis.  The fact is CFC don’t support B teams in the structure but the Conference is a bigger issue - the B teams in the LL had already been let in the door.  

Go on, have a bash.

Just now, Cowden Cowboy said:

It was a CFC meeting - info for Cowden supporters.  There was a whole range of factors touched on and no need to provide an extended analysis on here.  

So there can be no complaints when people ask why Cowdenbeath voted for B team for next season, don't get anything approaching an explanation, and are therefore skeptical concerning motives as well as their vote at AGM on the Conference.

Nobody is asking for extended analysis, a few bullet points would suffice.

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

So there can be no complaints when people ask why Cowdenbeath voted for B team for next season, don't get anything approaching an explanation, and are therefore skeptical concerning motives as well as their vote at AGM on the Conference.

Nobody is asking for extended analysis, a few bullet points would suffice.

Fans got an explanation and generally accepted it, whereas folks on here tend just to jump to simple conclusions based on whatever bias they already have.  There isn’t a PowerPoint presentation especially for them.  

I suspect that even if Cowdenbeath fans did explain their decision (which they are under no obligation to do) they would be criticised regardless of the answers.

The collective need to compile “good guy/bad guy” lists serves no real purpose imo, I mean what are you going to do with the information, boycott games you don’t already go to? Or perhaps you can hate teams you already hate a wee bit more?