Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

Thanks to the OP for providing the list of "good guys". Would it be possible to also include a list of clubs that definitely support the proposals so I know who to be annoyed with?

I'm assuming Celtic, "Rangers", Hearts, Brora Rangers, The Spartans, Cowdenbeath. Not sure on any others?

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Thanks to the OP for providing the list of "good guys". Would it be possible to also include a list of clubs that definitely support the proposals so I know who to be annoyed with?

I'm assuming Celtic, "Rangers", Hearts, Brora Rangers, The Spartans, Cowdenbeath. Not sure on any others?

Here we go again ! Cowden have not given any indication that they would be in favour of a conference.

35 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Oh okay, so it's just a few Cowdenbeath fans on here that are in favour, is that the confusion?

No, do keep up. The vote on the B teams (for season 23/24 only) in the Lowland League has no correlation to how teams may vote on the Conference league.

And I have not seen any Cowden fans openly in favour of the B teams.  Some Cowden fans (myself included) have, however, accepted why our club’s board voted the way the did - remember the vote was for 23/24 only, nothing else.

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

All this wading through pish about coefficients etc masks what the real issue for me is.

A B-Team is fucking insulting opposition to give to a proper fitba team representing a club and a community. It reduces the opponent club from the dignity of being a fitba team to just being something to play against another club's kids. It's insulting to the clubs, it's insulting to the paying fans, for whom their teams matches matter as much as those up the pyramid. It's fucking awful

And, make no mistake. If this abomination of an idea gets the go ahead, you'll have B-Teams coming to a League One/Championship near you soon enough.

It's such a terrible idea. The people running Scottish fitba need battered about the head. They are fucking clueless about what the game actually is and who it is for.

It's quite obvious who the SFA serve, they are not even bothering to hide it. The coefficient debate is another distraction away from the real issue here about the running of Scottish football and the power and voice that goes with it and back to the stagnant days before 2012. As for the SPFL and the complete lack of voices from the clubs is worrying as if it doesn't affect them and its not their problem (see comments by Tatters, Elgin City). But as the song could go, 'If you tolerate this then your football clubs will be next.'

Quite an apt piece from Colin Paterson from the no to B teams twitter -

@Colin_Paterson_

is still spot on four years later.

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's such a terrible idea. The people running Scottish fitba need battered about the head. They are fucking clueless about what the game actually is and who it is for.

I think they've got pretty strong ideas as to who the game is for which is why they're promoting this shambles

12 hours ago, RedEd said:

You're right. You can only have six words on the ballot paper for the name of the party :whistle

It's a good day when you learn something new. 👍

That works then the other name only has 5 words. 😏

7 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

No, do keep up. The vote on the B teams (for season 23/24 only) in the Lowland League has no correlation to how teams may vote on the Conference league.

And I have not seen any Cowden fans openly in favour of the B teams.  Some Cowden fans (myself included) have, however, accepted why our club’s board voted the way the did - remember the vote was for 23/24 only, nothing else.

Would you like to buy some magic beans?

7 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

What we need is a Coo Whistleblower to divulge what was said that night. Note to self: need to come up with cool name 'Night of the *******.'

Did everyone have to sign the non-disclosure agreement?

It's understandable posters conspiricising, please God let that be as real word, given the way Coo posters are constantly hinting that the club had good reasons for voting for the weans.

If the theories turn out correct I think all Coo posters will need to run to the hills. If the Coos stalling tactics turn out a good thing; then Coo posters can have 5 years of bragging rights without recourse.😐😐

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

What we need is a Coo Whistleblower to divulge what was said that night. Note to self: need to come up with cool name 'Night of the *******.'

It's understandable posters conspiricising, please God let that be as real word, given the way Coo posters are constantly hinting that the club had good reasons for voting for the weans.

If the theories turn out correct I think all Coo posters will need to run to the hills. If the Coos stalling tactics turn out a good thing; then Coo posters can have 5 years of bragging rights without recourse.😐😐

What theories?  They don’t want B teams in the system they didn’t vote to bring them in to the SPFL or LL in the first place.  But the genie was let out of the bottle so they reluctantly accepted a status quo situation as the Conference was the more important issue at this time 

7 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

What theories?  They don’t want B teams in the system they didn’t vote to bring them in to the SPFL or LL in the first place.  But the genie was let out of the bottle so they reluctantly accepted a status quo situation as the Conference was the more important issue at this time 

Thanks for your straight forward answer. 

Hopefully Cowden hierarchy are against Conference; as they say time will tell.

Oh right the theories I mentioned; there have been suggestions that Cowden have been 'promised' a place in this new conference.

Not wanting an answer just replying to your initial question.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Cowdenbeath fans don't want B teams or a conference league.

The secretary Dave said that having the b teams in for another year allows the club and other clubs to come up with a plan to prevent it from happening, as he seemed adamant that this league was going to happen if we like it or not. The clubs aim for next season is to finish as high up LL table as possible.

Action against this proposed bullshit is already in progress. 

27 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Cowdenbeath fans don't want B teams or a conference league.

The secretary Dave said that having the b teams in for another year allows the club and other clubs to come up with a plan to prevent it from happening, as he seemed adamant that this league was going to happen if we like it or not. The clubs aim for next season is to finish as high up LL table as possible.

Action against this proposed bullshit is already in progress. 

There was no extra time available to "come up with a plan" to stop the Conference by voting for B teams in the LL next season.  

The Conference plan will be voted on in 4 weeks time - just like it would have been had there been an attempt to "force it through" for next season - so has anyone come up with a plan?

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There was no extra time available to "come up with a plan" to stop the Conference by voting for B teams in the LL next season.  

The Conference plan will be voted on in 4 weeks time - just like it would have been had there been an attempt to "force it through" for next season - so has anyone come up with a plan?

Who gets to vote ? Is it all licensed clubs ?

42 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Despite having a dim view of them, even I would give them credit for having the ability to bring a meeting forward, or invoking an emergency meeting if the B team/Lowland League vote had not gone the way they wanted.