Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

22 hours ago, Burnieman said:

No only clubs at tier 5 or above, plus clubs who were members before 2018, plus associations like SWPL, SJFA, EoSFA etc.

I still can't believe that they're giving extra rights to the teams who were members before 2018 rather than making it equal for all licensed teams. I say I can't believe but it is Scottish football...

50 minutes ago, stanley said:

I still can't believe that they're giving extra rights to the teams who were members before 2018 rather than making it equal for all licensed teams. I say I can't believe but it is Scottish football...

It's not extra rights as such, it's denial of rights. Those members pre-2018/tier 5 and above get a vote, those not ticking either of those boxes don't and I believe they're trying to restrict voting rights even more.

It wouldn't surprise me if they try to remove voting rights from those pre-2018 members not at tier 5 eg. Coldstream, Burntisland, Hawick RA, Golspie etc.

They do not want the balance of power to shift from the SPFL clubs, it's a cartel.

Edited by Burnieman

14 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Protesting against anti-apartheid is an unusual stance to take!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That's what I get for posting virtually as in was running out the door.

Just back from Kelso feckin knackered so glad I've read your comment first. Just had a reet good laugh. Cheers for that.

Aye was a member of the anti-apartheid league back in the day. I absolutely abhor any form of bigotry in any guise.

10 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That's what I get for posting virtually as in was running out the door.

Just back from Kelso feckin knackered so glad I've read your comment first. Just had a reet good laugh. Cheers for that.

Aye was a member of the anti-apartheid league back in the day. I absolutely abhor any form of bigotry in any guise.

Should involve the Anti-Nowhere League (believe they're still going) as a band to front the anti-conference league campaign. Seems an apt description of it!

5 minutes ago, Highland ITFC said:

Should involve the Anti-Nowhere League (believe they're still going) as a band to front the anti-conference league campaign. Seems an apt description of it!

When you think about it; there's an awful lot of anti's in this wee world of ours. 

Highlights just how fecked up we are as a species.

Like a number of these bands probably none of the original line-up are still there.

Maybe we need start an anti-forum where we discuss all the things we are against including the anti-forum.

The anti-anti-forum if you like.

6 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It would've been better if they explicitly said they were voting against it but good news nonetheless.

It would be odd for them to vote Yes after saying this..

We also took account of feedback from other stakeholders, supporters and considered the decades long relationships we’ve had with Junior and Highland League clubs, including clubs who are now established in the SPFL.

You simply love to see it BUT quite disappointing there's been no official word from SPFL clubs. 

Falkirk, St Mirren, Morton and a couple of others said they would discuss it with fans a few weeks back, and there's been almost no chat since.

40 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

You simply love to see it BUT quite disappointing there's been no official word from SPFL clubs. 

Falkirk, St Mirren, Morton and a couple of others said they would discuss it with fans a few weeks back, and there's been almost no chat since.

If you browse through the forums for the SPFL there's hardly a peep about it. I suppose it's like that esteemed gent at Elgin stated that it didn't apply to them. Aye rite.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

On 17/05/2023 at 18:54, HorseyGhirl said:

If you browse through the forums for the SPFL there's hardly a peep about it. I suppose it's like that esteemed gent at Elgin stated that it didn't apply to them. Aye rite.

The silence from SPFL Clubs is deafening. Looks like a 3 line whip to say nothing until the AGM.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

The silence from SPFL Clubs is deafening. Looks like a 3 line whip to say nothing until the AGM.

I haven't heard anyone on Sportsound or Sportscene mention it either.