Nations League

49 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is there any evidence to these match fixing claims, are SWNT not just pretty terrible? 

They're just terrible. Serious questions needing asked, but not about match mixing. A shambolic set up and performance. Embarrassing stuff.

I don't believe for a second that there was anything underhand going on last night, but almost as bad as that will be the perception throughout the women's international game.  Anyone watching a recording will see just how bad some of these goals were, and whilst that scoreline would have been embarrassing enough in itself, the fact that there was another outcome riding on it was even worse.

It's a good job that Holland got over the line in the end up because the media inquest may have been quite something had they not.

17 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I don't believe for a second that there was anything underhand going on last night, but almost as bad as that will be the perception throughout the women's international game.  Anyone watching a recording will see just how bad some of these goals were, and whilst that scoreline would have been embarrassing enough in itself, the fact that there was another outcome riding on it was even worse.

It's a good job that Holland got over the line in the end up because the media inquest may have been quite something had they not.

Yes, spot on. Not only have we been humiliated on the pitch, there will be a persistent suspicion about just why we were so bad.

Puzzled at why Docherty was wheeled out to speak to the press. Corsie is the captain. She should have been asked, 'You call that not lying down?'

There is a lot of reflection, rebuilding and restoration to be done. 4 years ago SWNT were the feelgood story in Scottish football. How far they've fallen.

TBH the players have been far too exercised about trivial stuff that shouldn't concern them, e.g. how tickets at Hampden are sold. The whole thing needs a total reset. Starting with a new coach - get in someone who has done a good job with a similar NT (that worked before when they got Signeul) - and take the games out of Hampden until they can consistently attract >15,000 crowds. 

England fans are crying on Twitter that Belgium letting in 2 goals in stoppage time was a fix. :D 

Even when ignoring the discussion on whether or not Scotland did this deliberately last night (I'm not getting involved in that discussion btw as I was watching the Dutch match), if there is one country that would NOT want to co-operate with us knocking Team GB out, it would be Belgium. They were time wasting at 2-0 down, cleared balls from the goal line, got close to pulling a goal back in stoppage time and so on. I'll file this under "sour grapes" from the England fans.

Marten - I think you can be secure that Scotland lost because we were rubbish, not corrupt. The problem is we were rubbish to an extent that it looks like corruption.

I am not surprised that England fans are whining. They are poor losers and poor winners. But if they are crying, that is good, and just another thing for which we must thank your fine Netherlands women's team.

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

England fans are crying on Twitter that Belgium letting in 2 goals in stoppage time was a fix. :D 

Even when ignoring the discussion on whether or not Scotland did this deliberately last night (I'm not getting involved in that discussion btw as I was watching the Dutch match), if there is one country that would NOT want to co-operate with us knocking Team GB out, it would be Belgium. They were time wasting at 2-0 down, cleared balls from the goal line, got close to pulling a goal back in stoppage time and so on. I'll file this under "sour grapes" from the England fans.

Belgium lying down to the Netherlands would be like us lying down to Eng... oh

Just now, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Belgium lying down to the Netherlands would be like us lying down to Eng... oh

With the difference that at the Olympics, we can't call up Belgian players. Wiegman (assuming she'll manage the team), can then call up Scottish players. Not saying that meant Scotland were corrupt (as said, I'm not judging that), but that argument various people used against some of the Scottish players won't work with the Belgians.

12 minutes ago, Marten said:

Delighted that your team made it through. Hopefully this farcical scenario will not be allowed to happen in future.

Just now, Lurkst said:

Delighted that your team made it through. Hopefully this farcical scenario will not be allowed to happen in future.

Thanks, it's piss poor fixture planning from UEFA first and foremost. If they would just have swapped match days 4 and 6 for example, so we were playing Scotland at Hampden last night instead, we'd never have had that discussion in the first place.

Just got round to watching the "highlights". Grim. Lee Gibson has been woeful for years now, half the defence are mince. The rest of the sqaud varying shades of meh/under performing. Pedro has been a piss poor appointment. Also had no idea until last night that the Hearts womens manager was involved in the backroom setup. When did that happen?! 

Edited by Thereisalight..