Cove relegated

That really works for me. Would have been the typical Falkirk way to get knocked out by that wee scrotum. Just need a really big effort from everyone in the play offs and we could get out of this league.

14 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Be interesting to see what they do next season. The old guard who got them up (and straight back down again) like Vigurs, Reynolds, Logan, Ross and to a lesser extent Megginson and Scully will be needing replaced, it's a major rebuilding job. Are the owners enthusiastic enough for another go at it?

The other interesting thing with that is Hartley’s recent rebuilds have been a disaster. I think it’s fair to say our resident Cove fan wasn’t hugely enamoured with Hartley’s recruitment at Cove anyway, so it’s a massive summer ahead for him. 

Aye pretty gutted they've come down for crowd and distance reasons but unless they plow money in I don't think they'll be a serious title contender this time especially with Hartley in charge of a potential rebuild. Playoffs at least though. 

52 minutes ago, Mr November said:

The other interesting thing with that is Hartley’s recent rebuilds have been a disaster. I think it’s fair to say our resident Cove fan wasn’t hugely enamoured with Hartley’s recruitment at Cove anyway, so it’s a massive summer ahead for him. 

Interesting point. He did well in saving us in 17/18, but when given free reign for a complete go at it, he made the by now well known catastrofuck that was our recruitment in summer 2018.

20 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Interesting point. He did well in saving us in 17/18, but when given free reign for a complete go at it, he made the by now well known catastrofuck that was our recruitment in summer 2018.

Have a green dot for catastrofuck.

He did very well for us (if anyone remembers that far back), but probably the smartest career move he's made was to resign after we took a proper hiding off Dumbarton. Barry Smith got the blame for us almost being relegated, but the wheels were already wobbling after a fine start. Seems like the Championship is the limit.

With respect, Dunfermline up and Cove down seems a fair trade for anyone looking to get promoted next season.

9 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Be interesting to see what they do next season. The old guard who got them up (and straight back down again) like Vigurs, Reynolds, Logan, Ross and to a lesser extent Megginson and Scully will be needing replaced, it's a major rebuilding job. Are the owners enthusiastic enough for another go at it?

Rumours doing the rounds that the money man has had enough. Hopefully drop like a stone along with Kelty. 

7 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Interesting point. He did well in saving us in 17/18, but when given free rein for a complete go at it, he made the by now well known catastrofuck that was our recruitment in summer 2018.

Then repeated the feat at Hartlepool last summer. Hopefully Cove tip him out and he never gets another gig 

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Rumours doing the rounds that the money man has had enough. Hopefully drop like a stone along with Kelty. 

They were only recently talking about their route to Full Time football. 

9 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Scully signed a 3 year deal earlier this season, local loon so he won’t be going anywhere 

46 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hopefully, I don't understand what's in it for people to continually chuck money at something which is unsustainable. I can see the attraction early on because you get a lot of success, quickly getting into the league, and getting out of League 2 and even League 1 generally doesn't take too long or too much money. But the investment to continue to compete at Championship level, never mind get promoted, is off the scale. What's in it for them to throw money to slog it out going nowhere? If you don't have a fan base that allows some level of sustainability in the future then it all seems rather pointless.

9 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

It was a really exciting summer to be fair. Brought crashing down within a few minutes of actually seeing these players trying to play football. 

Did the excitement not take a bit longer to evaporate?

I recall a pre-season friendly with Aberdeen, I think, which cranked up the optimism further.  Was the league form rotten from the outset?