The Playoffs - Round 1. Jags v Spiders

7 minutes ago, Peil said:

How does Owen Coyle pick up a team who've choked so badly the last two games, never mind the last two months?

By claiming to everyone that’ll listen that they were the better side and we’re always in control despite conceding 4 (FOUR) goals just there. 

Assuming Bannigan is out for Friday it'll be interesting to see if Doolan goes for the "baws oot" midfield of 35-75 minutes with Turner in the central 2 or goes for Hodson there. Decision in goal to make as well but suspect he'll stick with Mitchell. 

Thought Fitzpatrick was going to have a nightmare when he came on but he played well second half even if he almost missed the open goal. 

Their second goal is going to stick in the craw if we don't get through, I didn't see them scoring at all barring Thomas scoring a wondergoal and that we looked more likely to make it 4-1 on the break. As soon as that went in I'd resigned myself to 3-3. 

Thomas was excellent especially considering how quiet he was last game at Firhill and with Savoury maybe being hurt for Friday he's got to be their main hope. 

You’ve just got to laugh at this point watching that defence. Never seen such a soft group of players, even in the amateur era we never gifted goals like that. I said we should bin our defence after the Dundee game and tonight solidified that. Annoyingly we look more ourselves in an attacking sense but what’s the point when you defend like that. Criminal we defend like that from a set piece. 

Tie still isn’t over but no chance we go through. Only positive was Dom thomas who was outstanding tonight. Looked much more like himself again 

End the season now please 

Edited by qpfc