3 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

That was a tough one for Meadow last night!

Went along thinking it could be a decent, competitive match... and it was for about first 30 mins... Meadow were probably better side, had more of the ball, Pollok keeper needed a couple of decentbsaves to keep you out, the home support were seriously grumbling... then gifted a goal to Pollok against the run of play. 2nd half and just collapsed... kept trying to huff and puff, but Pollok were flying with confidence, especially after the 2nd went in and were bombing down the wings - they really had too much pace and firepower... although most of the goals conceded, while great from a Pollok perspective, were quite defensively soft to lose. 6-0 was harsh... but Pollok looked like scoring every time they went forward.

Having looked at the Medda website the 3rd goal when in on 82 minute, 8 minutes to go and shortly after medda had put on a couple of forward going players in Ross and Brennan clearly trying to get back in game. Pollok made a number of subs at the same time and to me it looks like the score line was very harsh on medda who played very well for the first hour by the accounts I have heard. 

1 hour ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Having looked at the Medda website the 3rd goal when in on 82 minute, 8 minutes to go and shortly after medda had put on a couple of forward going players in Ross and Brennan clearly trying to get back in game. Pollok made a number of subs at the same time and to me it looks like the score line was very harsh on medda who played very well for the first hour by the accounts I have heard. 

Didn’t actually realise at the time how late the 3rd goal was!

They were the better side in the first half and should have gone ahead... but instead gave away a goal. 

Replay that match and no way it would finish 6-0.

But on the day, Pollok took their chances... so deserved to win (probably not by quite as much as they did)

Edited by Jordi1977

11 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Might be mistaken but I think your number 7 was subbed off to avoid the risk of being sent off - next goal was pretty quickly after that and then the floodgates opened. 

6-0 incredibly harsh and as other have said, Medda were arguably the better side until gifting a very cheap opener. 

25 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

It's at Vics park? I thought it was at Medda! 

Nah Vics Park. BTW no pay at the gate, seems tickets must be bought in advance on fanbase site

Capacity has been set at 1000, with only 600 tickets sold in advance. This game always attracts the neutrals who might not use social media, or older fans not IT smart, so may be scope for some pay at gate to get the numbers up to the 1K. Don't quote me but logical thing to do IMO.

Posted on Medda Facebook 

Message from the Tangerine side of town… 😉

ONLY 400 tickets remaining for the Marymass Derby this coming Friday Night 7pm KO

Get yours now to be guaranteed entry.
🟠Adults £8 
⚫️Concessions U16/over 65s £4

⚠️ All U16s require at least one adult per group ⚠️

‼️📱 You must purchase the ticket online 📱‼️

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=3511

#chooseyourside 💙🧡

On 20/08/2023 at 18:32, tombo said:

Capacity has been set at 1000, with only 600 tickets sold in advance. This game always attracts the neutrals who might not use social media, or older fans not IT smart, so may be scope for some pay at gate to get the numbers up to the 1K. Don't quote me but logical thing to do IMO.

Is there a record attendance for the Marymass Derby Match? and if so anyone know the details size, year and score etc..?.

23 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Surprised you needed to ask when you know all things going on at Medda going by previous posts 

Just ignore his posts mate. It’s the only way he’ll go away. Still not sure why he even still cares about medda

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Vic's 0 v 3 Medda HT

Painfully one sided. Good wee atmosphere. 

I’m assuming you’re talking about the last ten/fifteen minutes of the first half. The first half hour was quite even and absolutely awful to watch. It was a good atmosphere though. Up to the point the neds started to resort to type and behave like little arseholes.