Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

That result and more particularly scoreline from Elgin :lol:! Great wins for Dunbar and Jeanfield.

Bad day for SPFL2: could've been worse if Dumbarton and Forfar hadn't rescued victories from closing jaws of defeat. EK may be Soldiers Of Love Mk II but today they reenacted the Italians at Bardia.

Hard day for Highland too, as Brora's win at Stenny lighted an otherwise dull afternoon.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Eh? 

I gather he means the Highland league teams did not shine today.  He's not wrong.

2 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

Apologies if covered already but what's the situation with highlights of today's games? I believe the Scottish Cup official outlets released them for the previous round but don't seem to have released anything today. 

They'll be uploaded to the Scottish Cup YouTube channel tomorrow afternoon. They might also be posted on Twitter too.

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Reporting can be patchy pre-R4 but so far:

749     Dunbar v East Fife
541     Forres v Buckie
527     Kilwinning v Cowdenbeath
511     Albion Rovers v St Andrews
508     Peterhead v Clachnacuddin
485     Tranent v East Kilbride
435     Huntly v Forfar
412     Stenhousenuir v Brora
385     Dumbarton v Banks o'Dee
384     Brechin v Spartans
270     Cumnock v Turriff

Looked around 150 at Civil

15 hours ago, virginton said:

Seems premature for you lot to LOL at anyone.

Dunbar away is the plum tie for me. Good pubs, easy access for an away day and the option of a pit stop or two on the way back. Buckie or Tranent would be excellent as well though.  

Our result tomorrow doesn’t change the fact that’s a howling result for EK.

14 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Reporting can be patchy pre-R4 but so far:

749     Dunbar v East Fife
541     Forres v Buckie
527     Kilwinning v Cowdenbeath
511     Albion Rovers v St Andrews
508     Peterhead v Clachnacuddin
485     Tranent v East Kilbride
435     Huntly v Forfar
412     Stenhousenuir v Brora
385     Dumbarton v Banks o'Dee
384     Brechin v Spartans
270     Cumnock v Turriff

Very disappointing crowd at Tranent. Thought it would be double that.

31 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Aye. I am thinking of all the interesting ties Dundee United could get, so many grounds I have never visited, and I know we'll end up getting bloody Partick Thistle away, again.

We did quite well with Darvel and Wick, so I'm dreading a QOS or yet another Alloa regression to the mean.

Maybe even DU for a full house in all 3 cups 😑

36 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Aye. I am thinking of all the interesting ties Dundee United could get, so many grounds I have never visited, and I know we'll end up getting bloody Partick Thistle away, again.

Please no, not that!

Formartine 3-2 Clydebank

We took the lead in the first minute, nicky low strike with a 30mph wind behind it befuddled the home keeper. We made silly mistakes especially second goal and the third was made by their striker who was a nuisance all game. Thought formartine looked sharp and maybe a touch fitter than us. Deflected strike got it back to 3-2 and save at the near post late on denied extra time which on the second half showing we wouldnt have deserved.

Good luck Formartine in next round.

1 hour ago, Dean Learner said:

Cheers. 

Seems a completely unnecessary delay but I suppose completely in line with what we are used to up here. 

They've got 18 or so games to edit down to a few minutes each without all the facilities and staff of a broadcaster like Sky. 

They should really do a highlights programme on the BBC for the early rounds but I suppose that would involve them knowing anything about lower/non-league football. I'm sure they used to do one?

Edited by stanley