Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

A tough draw for SJFC but content with it as it’s a new ground to tick off.  I missed out on The Excelsior that time our final match of the our First Division winning season was postponed late due to a waterlogged pitch.

Stand out tie for me is Spartans Hearts. Will Spartans ask Hibs to hold it at ER like Bonnyrigg moved their cup game vs Hibs to Tynecastle years ago? 

Celtic Buckie is a laugh, just typical. Superb trip for Buckie fans though. Be interesting to see how many away fans make the long trip down. 

Struggling to get excited over any of the other ties. 

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Wonder how much it might liven up the Cup if teams were allowed to pay each other to swap home and away...

That was essentially the case in England up until a few years ago. Generally agreed to be a horrible idea, and so scrapped.

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

A tough draw for SJFC but content with it as it’s a new ground to tick off.  I missed out on The Excelsior that time our final match of the our First Division winning season was postponed late due to a waterlogged pitch.

Stand out tie for me is Spartans Hearts. Will Spartans ask Hibs to hold it at ER like Bonnyrigg moved their cup game vs Hibs to Tynecastle years ago? 

Celtic Buckie is a laugh, just typical. Superb trip for Buckie fans though. Be interesting to see how many away fans make the long trip down. 

Struggling to get excited over any of the other ties. 

Spartans are an SPFL side nowadays,has there ever been an SPFL side allowed to move ground? and I'm sure Bonnyrigg Hibs was the last ever tie that was allowed to be moved. 

Edited by newcastle broon

30 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

The away games for Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers really should be the TV games.

No doubt Celtic vs Buckie will jump ahead of the queue.

Viaplay will pick the OF games.

BBC will go for Spartans-Hearts and possibly Airdrie-St Johnstone, which is arguably the most interesting tie. 

6 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

BBC will go for Spartans-Hearts and possibly Airdrie-St Johnstone, which is arguably the most interesting tie. 

Can’t see it. Few years ago they went for Hibs v Cove over our game at Kelty, which on paper at the time (and reality) was infinitely more interesting. It’ll be Spartans v Hearts and either Forfar-Hibs or Clyde-Aberdeen. 

11 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Viaplay passed on Celtic V Morton last season but the Beeb picked it up anyway 😴 although viaplay passed on it for an Edinburgh Derby doubt any of the games here would cause them to do that again.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Viaplay passed on Celtic V Morton last season but the Beeb picked it up anyway 😴 although viaplay passed on it for an Edinburgh Derby doubt any of the games here would cause them to do that again.

They might pass on Celtic for the Edinburgh derby again this time…