Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

never before have i been more excited yet also bricking it at the same time, with how both teams play I don't see either side getting a major advantage beyond Ayr United pulling an Ayr United and falling to pieces (which could happen to Partick as well) race to see who scores first Graham or Dipo

7 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Wouldn't we all.

Don't think I'd be able to actually deal with that tie though. It might kill me.

Just get them straight down and we'll replace them in the top tier. Improving the league's Ayrshire away day ten fold.

Sorry mate, the Arabs are already pencilled in for that spot.

Could be an absolute cracker of a double header - there was very little in the 4 games between the sides all season.  Probably the most one sided was the one before Xmas where Partick ripped our very makeshift defence apart at times, but then again it was only 3-2 in the end.   Most recent encounter I thought we were slightly better side overall,  however as folk have said Partick looked excellent at times v QP, especially first half tonight.  

2 big crowds guaranteed.  Buzzing for it, had 0% expectation of being in this situation prior to KO in the Inverness game so may as we'll enjoy it 

Edited by Hursty

Semi or the play offs was beyond any expectations from where I thought we’d be come July, so absolutely buzzing for this. Partick had 2 good games in the play offs so hoping they’ve peaked! No one has beaten us by more than 2 goals so far this season, so reckon it’ll be another tight encounter, think both will be cagey.

55 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

How ? (in Chewin the Fat fashion)

I think Ayr are well equipped to deal with Championship sides but not necessarily Premiership sides.  We can't control games which we'd need to in order to take the pressure off at points.  We only have one winger of any quality and our full backs are pretty poor.  It would be a really big ask of this squad over two legs.  

I think Partick have been a really well organised team under Doolan, think it's 9 clean sheets out of 15.  And they have scored 3 or more goals 6 times over that period as well, if they make it through I'd expect them to win the home leg and see it out away. 

Edited by itzdrk

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think Ayr are well equipped to deal with Championship sides but not necessarily Premiership sides.  We can't control games which we'd need to in order to take the pressure off at points.  We only have one winger of any quality and our full backs are pretty poor.  It would be a really big ask of this squad over two legs.  

I think Partick have been a really well organised team under Doolan, think it's 9 clean sheets out of 15.  And they have scored 3 or more goals 6 times over that period as well, if they make it through I'd expect them to win the home leg and see it out away. 

Pretty much exactly the way I was thinking.  I quite fancy us to grind it out over the 2 legs v Thistle but then be reasonably comfortably beaten in the final.