Motherwell v Ross County (The Kettlewell 'friendly' Derby day!)

"Oh hey, fancy meeting you here! Mind if I sit beside you again, we had a good convo last week at Tannadice?
Actually I've got a favour to ask, some people on the internet don't think you're real so would you mind if I took a quick selfie so I can prove it?
And just for my own curiosity, which one of the boys is it that you're shaggin?!"

That's all I said to her before she hit me, officer. 

Well this thread got off to an interesting start 🤔.
We’ve all posted when completely wankered before so can’t be too harsh. In terms of the game i might ask the bookie for odds on 3-3 White x 3 KVV x 3. 
They will laugh me out the door but i’ll stick £1 on it anyway 

19 hours ago, D-Fens Foster said:

We’ve all posted when completely wankered before so can’t be too harsh. In terms of the game i might ask the bookie for odds on 3-3 White x 3 KVV x 3. 

posting when completely wankered

(good luck!)

20 hours ago, D-Fens Foster said:

When you're at it, can you get odds on Sanam being arrested up a tree with binoculars?

This is a bit of a free hit for County. If we can get a point I’d absolutely take that, a win would be a real bonus with the crunch match on Wednesday in my mind. The turnaround under Kettlewell has been phenomenal. KVV has been the undoing of us this season, we need to keep him quiet. 

7 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

This is a bit of a free hit for County. If we can get a point I’d absolutely take that, a win would be a real bonus with the crunch match on Wednesday in my mind. The turnaround under Kettlewell has been phenomenal. KVV has been the undoing of us this season, we need to keep him quiet. 

A free hit??

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

A free hit??

I'm sure it's not quite meant like that because free hit is a mental take given your situation 🤔

I understand that the next game is the bigger one. If St Johnstone beat Killie, they're safe and you're playing at home a team out form with nothing left to play for. If they lose, you have a huge six-pointer.

They'll know, however, that 10 of our players are likely to be in beachwear v Dundee United so assuming we lose on the last day, County losing on Saturday basically leaves no room for error elsewhere. 

Edited by Handsome_Devil

3 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm sure it's not quite meant like that because free hit is a mental take given your situation 🤔

I understand that the next game is the bigger one. If St Johnstone beat Killie, they're safe and you're playing at home a team out form with nothing left to play for. If they lose, you have a huge six-pointer.

They'll know, however, that we're likely to be in beachwear v Dundee United so assuming we lose on the last day, County losing on Saturday basically leaves no room for error elsewhere. 

My point was that when your team is fighting for their place in the Premiership, they have three games left to try to scramble enough points to do that, the last thing you think is that any of these games are "free hits".

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

My point was that when your team is fighting for their place in the Premiership, they have three games left to try to scramble enough points to do that, the last thing you think is that any of these games are "free hits".

Aye, I was agreeing with you.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Yeah, it was meant as a clumsily worded compliment to Motherwell, insomuch that given the respective form of each club, I do not expect County to win and therefore anything we get is a bonus.  I think the last home match vs St Johnstone on Wednesday night in Dingwall is a match we simply must win.  Motherwell away? Obviously I'd like to win, but I'll not be crying into my pint if we lose.

5 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Yeah, it was meant as a clumsily worded compliment to Motherwell, insomuch that given the respective form of each club, I do not expect County to win and therefore anything we get is a bonus.  I think the last home match vs St Johnstone on Wednesday night in Dingwall is a match we simply must win.  Motherwell away? Obviously I'd like to win, but I'll not be crying into my pint if we lose.

We just want Kevin to score, anything else is a bonus.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

We just want Kevin to score, anything else is a bonus.

Aye, I'd grudgingly part with the points in an entertaining 4-5 loss, as long as the big man bags all of ours.

Being a huge, establishment club we are obviously able to forego points at this stage of the season in order to facilitate mercurial and egotistical Dutch mavericks to chase their dreams. If that aids County's bid for survival and the big gallus bassa achieves his goal, then everyone's a winner.

12 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Aye, I'd grudgingly part with the points in an entertaining 4-5 loss, as long as the big man bags all of ours.

Being a huge, establishment club we are obviously able to forego points at this stage of the season in order to facilitate mercurial and egotistical Dutch mavericks to chase their dreams. If that aids County's bid for survival and the big gallus bassa achieves his goal, then everyone's a winner.

We can all agree on this.  Now, if the managers would now consort to not play any defenders (and to be fair, Malky has been doing this for a while now), that’d be smashing.