The Compo Faces Thread

14 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

When I first started watching Edinburgh City a committee member went out with a bucket and shovel to pick dog's eggs off the Fernieside pitch 

I'm not sure you'd get this at grassroots level in Germany or the Netherlands 

Fernieside was nicknamed, dug shite central. Horrible pitch

On 02/08/2023 at 19:41, velo army said:

Trying to make a poor taste joke about you curling one out on your MIL's grave (like a Les Dawson joke told by Frankie Boyle) and then blaming it on a dog.

Needs work on the delivery I suppose.

The joke or the shite?

40 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Not so much a Compo Face as a Compo Stare of Death

TELEMMGLPICT000344654347_16913330355500_

Hospital cancelled my surgery after I complained about transgender nurse

Would she refuse to be operated on by a male surgeon or is it only transgender nurses she's worried about? It's all a bit odd.

On 07/08/2023 at 12:19, welshbairn said:

Would she refuse to be operated on by a male surgeon or is it only transgender nurses she's worried about? It's all a bit odd.

She's off her rocker. The Telegraph article completely glosses over the campaign of harassment and abuse she subjected clinic staff to, who were bending over backwards to try and accommodate her. She kicked up f**k about the fact the clinic was displaying a Pride Progress flag, then had a shitfit about a form asking her if she had preferred pronouns. Remember, this is a private clinic, she was under no obligation to actually use this specific facility, nor was she 'forced' or 'subjected' to anything whatsoever. She had freedom of choice at all times, but instead, she chose to bombard clinic staff with endless, abusive calls, then go running to the press when they finally said 'enough'.

I sometimes work with people who are, for want of a better term, completely unhinged, and even though it's the purpose of my organisation to work with these people, we still have strict limits about what we will tolerate in terms of behaviour and abuse directed at staff. Sometimes a line is crossed and you just have to say "sorry, but we are no longer willing to work with you because of your own behaviours", and that's usually only after several unheeded warnings. Her behaviour would not have been tolerated in my Org, and we're not even an 'elective' service in the same sense as a private clinic.

Some of the people I work with have diagnosed, delusional illnesses, and more often than not, they present with exactly the same wide-eyed, startled, intense look to them. The Telegraph photo is an absolutely typical example of what I'm describing. I suspect this isn't a 'political' thing at all, and she is actually in the grip of an illness, or at least, may have been suffering some sort of episode at the time these events took place. It's not just the 'look', the paranoia, persecution complex, hysterical over-the-top reactions, and the endless abusive phone calls are all absolutely fitting with that as well.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 09/08/2023 at 14:15, Boo Khaki said:

She's off her rocker. The Telegraph article completely glosses over the campaign of harassment and abuse she subjected clinic staff to, who were bending over backwards to try and accommodate her. She kicked up f**k about the fact the clinic was displaying a Pride Progress flag, then had a shitfit about a form asking her if she had preferred pronouns. Remember, this is a private clinic, she was under no obligation to actually use this specific facility, nor was she 'forced' or 'subjected' to anything whatsoever. She had freedom of choice at all times, but instead, she chose to bombard clinic staff with endless, abusive calls, then go running to the press when they finally said 'enough'.

I sometimes work with people who are, for want of a better term, completely unhinged, and even though it's the purpose of my organisation to work with these people, we still have strict limits about what we will tolerate in terms of behaviour and abuse directed at staff. Sometimes a line is crossed and you just have to say "sorry, but we are no longer willing to work with you because of your own behaviours", and that's usually only after several unheeded warnings. Her behaviour would not have been tolerated in my Org, and we're not even an 'elective' service in the same sense as a private clinic.

Some of the people I work with have diagnosed, delusional illnesses, and more often than not, they present with exactly the same wide-eyed, startled, intense look to them. The Telegraph photo is an absolutely typical example of what I'm describing. I suspect this isn't a 'political' thing at all, and she is actually in the grip of an illness, or at least, may have been suffering some sort of episode at the time these events took place. It's not just the 'look', the paranoia, persecution complex, hysterical over-the-top reactions, and the endless abusive phone calls are all absolutely fitting with that as well.

Still wid though.

On 09/08/2023 at 14:15, Boo Khaki said:

That, or she's just a c**t.

Not sure she's doing the whole anonymity thing right 🤔 

Pensioner with no smartphone furious about Derby city centre car park where it's cheaper to pay on an app

"A pensioner claims that the decision by a Derby city centre car park operator to charge customers who don’t pay using its app more money to park is "discrimination". 80-year-old Sue Smith (surname changed for anonymity)"

1-JC-TEM10082023ncpparking-7jpeg.webp