The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

9 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Robson decides to change the midfield all at once and before Miovski has a chance to reach the bench they're back in it and we wait for the inevitable to happen.

It was a wild decision to swap most of the midfield in one bite and invite pressure. You don’t need to be Guardiola to know that. I am amazed that someone who has played > 400 senior games didn’t see that risk.

That said, our defending also made a complete c*nt of it and gifted 3 goals. All laughably poor goals. 

Edited by bpdon

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

We can blame Robson for it, I certainly was at full time, Hayes was murder. But it’s still hard to accept how bad the ref was. 

After the week he’s had, Hayes should’ve been nowhere near the squad, never mind on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, bpdon said:

It was a wild decision to swap most of the midfield in one bite and invite pressure. You don’t need to be Guardiola to know that. I am amazed that someone who has played > 400 senior games didn’t see that risk.

That said, our defending also made a complete c*nt of it and gifted 3 goals. All laughably poor goals. 

Three incredibly bad individual errors. Jensen floundering about on the floor, Hayes trying to head a ball at knee height and Rubezic needlessly lunging into a challenge from behind on 93 minutes. No composure in crucial moments.

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

Three incredibly bad individual errors. Jensen floundering about on the floor, Hayes trying to head a ball at knee height and Rubezic needlessly lunging into a challenge from behind on 93 minutes. No composure in crucial moments.

A bit harsh on Jensen. He slipped. Slipped later on when attacking a corner too.

20 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Looks like a definite penalty to me but the dive from the Aberdeen player probably convinced the ref otherwise (to be clear, it was both a foul and a dive).

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

A bit harsh on Jensen. He slipped. Slipped later on when attacking a corner too.

Can't really blame Jensen for me. That Hayes decision is baffling and Rubezic is a player that I think has shown will keep doing this sort of thing.

6 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Could we worse. We couldve died 

It is an absolute stonewall penalty. If awarded and we score. Its 3-1. Game over. 

However everything that transpired onwards is entirely our own fault.

Given the quality we faced, overall, we actually played well despite what some may say. 

From the Scotsman:

Then the Dons had their penalty claim almost instantly as MacKenzie took a tumble in the box, but there was no award forthcoming. “They got it wrong – again,” said manager Barry Robson. “It’s not even hard to get right. I don’t know why it’s not been checked. I know the referee has come in and kicked his own door on the way in so I don’t know if that’s any indication that he thinks he’s made a mistake. But it’s cost us tonight – it’s blatant.”

22 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Gutted I missed this tonight.

Is there a RedTV replay or DVD coming out?

It’s getting painted on a canvas by some boy in Dundee.

Anyway, f**k PAOK,  f**k UEFA, f**k VAR and f**k Barry Robson making 3 subs at the same time.

Good night.

The biggest load of shite I have ever heard a manager come out with in my life, and I've spent the last year listening to Lee Johnson. :lol:

Kicked in his door, aye? Raging at his mistake was he, aye?

Borrie Rubsen is not long for the dugout, and that is another HibsFan promise that you can take to the bank.

Didn’t have a problem with Polvara and Miovski being subbed, but the Barron one was baffling, no sign he was injured?

[edit: Robson said post match that Polvara and Barron were both struggling]

Positives: McKenzie has taken 4 years to become an overnight success, Polvara finishes like Duk used to, McGrath was very good again and Rubezic played very well for 92 minutes.

Negatives: the last 15 minutes making me feel I wanted to jump in the North Sea, if only because it would guarantee that I would never have to watch another ****ing AFC match ever again

Edited by O_Kahn

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Yes it could have been one but it's not exactly clear and obvious for me tbh. Like if the ref gave it I would have no qualms but the rules don't help regarding intervention. Shouts of sToNeWaLlEr were frankly ridiculous by some on here. 

That is as clear a penalty as you'll ever see. I assume you're taking the piss or deliberately being obtuse.

That’s a sare wan.

While I think the penalty being branded a stonewaller is a little strong, it’s still clearly a foul, IMO. In today’s VAR era of the game, you’d expect that to be given 7 or 8 times out of 10.