Dundee United 23/24

49 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Brighton, Brentford and now Liverpool linked with the club in partnership/takeover 

The Liverpool link seems to be:

1. Liverpool are looking for a feeder club

2. The feeder club they are looking for might be Scottish

3. Dundee United are a Scottish club 

4. ££££££

I’d try to keep Moult, Sibbald and probably Graham from the boys expiring.  Possibly Mochrie and Meekison as well.  

Surprised we’ve got Grimshaw on a two year deal, I wasn’t aware of that.

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

I’d try to keep Moult, Sibbald and probably Graham from the boys expiring.  Possibly Mochrie and Meekison as well.  

Surprised we’ve got Grimshaw on a two year deal, I wasn’t aware of that.

Sibbald is a given, he's had a years extension triggered.

Mental to think Graham is out of contract but he'll be easy to sort no doubt given he's absolutely shedded out his nut.

Moult I'd definitely keep because at worst he's a squad player in the prem if he's not firing on all cylinders.

I'd get rid of the young trio of midfielders, maybe keep one of them at a push but for their sake I think it's time they moved on.

So we need a first choice keeper, pacey centre half (I'm fine with Graham, Gallagher and Holt but we need someone with pace coming in as a starter), back up left back (happy enough with McMann, although if he ends up back up to someone better I won't complain), first choice right back, another central midfielder (to be competing with Doc and Sibbs, especially if Doc has injury problems again), a winger (especially if Cudjoe goes) and a striker (Watt and Moult need competition and ideally someone who comes in over the top of them)

Have no issues with Meekison, Mochrie and Glass (I'm a bigger fan of his than most, including his past 4 or 5 managers) getting another year (I don't think all three will) and sending Meekison out on loan to get 30 games

For me McMann is up there with Sibbald as our best player over the course of the season.  I hope he has what it takes to perform in the Premiership and should certainly be given that opportunity.

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Sibbald is a given, he's had a years extension triggered.

Mental to think Graham is out of contract but he'll be easy to sort no doubt given he's absolutely shedded out his nut.

Moult I'd definitely keep because at worst he's a squad player in the prem if he's not firing on all cylinders.

I'd get rid of the young trio of midfielders, maybe keep one of them at a push but for their sake I think it's time they moved on.

I think Moult has already triggered an extension with the amount of games he played. If he wants to stay the new deal is there for him. Think it was part of the package 1 year deal, United tried to cover themselves incase injuries returned 

I'd keep Meekison. He will be on buttons and I don't see a bidding war. I think he is the most talented of the lot and if not for injuries I think would have had more minutes.

Mochrie, Glass and Chalmers have all had a chance and are nowhere near Premier League players. 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'd keep Meekison. He will be on buttons and I don't see a bidding war. I think he is the most talented of the lot and if not for injuries I think would have had more minutes.

Mochrie, Glass and Chalmers have all had a chance and are nowhere near Premier League players. 

Lean towards this myself but feel like we would need to offer Archie a 2 year deal, send him on loan and see how he gets on.

1 hour ago, Fife Arab said:

I think Moult has already triggered an extension with the amount of games he played. If he wants to stay the new deal is there for him. Think it was part of the package 1 year deal, United tried to cover themselves incase injuries returned 

That's good news but we definitely need another striker.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

For me McMann is up there with Sibbald as our best player over the course of the season.  I hope he has what it takes to perform in the Premiership and should certainly be given that opportunity.

Definitely. An able squad player at worst.

This season for their time at United was a huge one regarding Glass and Mochrie. For the little chances they have had, it has been chances and neither has grasped it and made it difficult to leave them out.

Meekison for me still has time and should be allowed to stay.

Going forward I'd like the club to do what Scottish Rugby do. Identify talent at a young age and up till the age of 19/20 have them on a serious gym programme building muscle/strength/speed as a priority and from 20/21yrs old focus more on skill etc 

Our young players coming through especially the technical ones just all look like wee boys 

44 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

This season for their time at United was a huge one regarding Glass and Mochrie. For the little chances they have had, it has been chances and neither has grasped it and made it difficult to leave them out.

Going forward I'd like the club to do what Scottish Rugby do. Identify talent at a young age and up till the age of 19/20 have them on a serious gym programme building muscle/strength/speed as a priority and from 20/21yrs old focus more on skill etc 

Our young players coming through especially the technical ones just all look like wee boys 

Aye Fotheringham's had a shocker of a season ae?

One of the best academies in the country and you want them on the bulk rather than the ball.

Glass is an odd one. He's contributed when he's played this season, but has once again completely dropped off the radar and there's been no injuries mentioned. It seems a loss in faith/confidence has been a recurring trend under previous managers, both for us and wherever he's been out on loan. I think it's time to let him move on.

As for Meekison and Mochrie, I'd be inclined to give them both a bit longer, probably another year to try break through. Mochrie has had glowing reports from his loan spells but has never managed to replicate that sort of form for us. Meekison has flashes where he looks really impressive, but they're always fairly brief and insubstantial. It's hard to ignore the fact that even allowing for some rotten luck with injuries, Meekison's best run of form for us came way back in the final weeks of Mickey Mellon's tenure.

I think one of the issues with Meekison/Mochrie/Glass is they are all suited to playing as the number 10 and they haven't been able to get a run in that position, either due to systems or that Watt is first choice there when we do play that way

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye Fotheringham's had a shocker of a season ae?

One of the best academies in the country and you want them on the bulk rather than the ball.

Did I say Bulk them instead of a ball? 

4 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

you do know that Meekison is a year older than Mochrie ?