Dundee United 23/24

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've watched the highlights multiple times and still don't really know what happened at the 4th goal

Chick Young nearly malfunctioned trying to describe it on Sportsound. 

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Yes, it's a good win but I fucking despise Spandau Ballet so can we please stop signing players who have a (even tenuous) similarity to the world 'gold'. I'm tired of it.

So true.

Funny how it seems. 

8 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Yes, it's a good win but I fucking despise Spandau Ballet so can we please stop signing players who have a (even tenuous) similarity to the world 'gold'. I'm tired of it.

I didn't mind it with Ryan Gauld but yeah, it's tiring now 

10 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

I assume he means this:

Nothing on the Companies House site yet, but that loss added to the previous deficit certainly adds up to the suggested deficit.  :)

Sadly we are not in a position to gloat at the financial predicament of our near neighbours.  :(

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Nothing on the Companies House site yet, but that loss added to the previous deficit certainly adds up to the suggested deficit.  :)

Sadly we are not in a position to gloat at the financial predicament of our near neighbours.  :(

Especially when both are in remarkably similar positions to each other.

Those in glass houses and all that.

So some interesting points raised on twitter I've seen.

I'm no way calling the league wrapped up now but I do think we get another 2 or 3 wins that's it. I think Raith will be utterly deflated after last night but Morton will be a tough tough game on Friday. In fact I think it's our biggest game of the season, we win and it's all but assured I reckon as the pressure on Raith the next day will be immense.

Now Goodwin has been levelled a fair bit of criticism over the season but with the last few games he's changed things (although the injuries to Holt and Gallagher have forced his hand in this) I do wonder if he'll be reflecting on that and seek how much the reduction of passing between the defenders held us back for long periods.

If we win another 3 games that puts us on a very respectable points tally for the season with a brilliant goal difference. If we go up first time are we gonna jettison Goodwin at the first instance or will we persevere?

I'm totally on the fence about it, I think he's capable enough but needs to improve to cut it in the premier as a manager. Not sure if a bigger budget would be a help or hindrance to him.

When we go up we'll likely need a decent goalie (although Walton might be persuaded to join perm I'm not sure he'll be the answer in the league above) and would a pairing of Graham and Gallagher cut it?

So many players out of contract and lots to consider for the next season.

17 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm no way calling the league wrapped up now but I do think we get another 2 or 3 wins that's it

It’s definitely done if we get 3 wins. Raith can only get a maximum of 12 more points, and we’re already 4 ahead. In effect, 8 points from our 4 games should be enough with the disparity in goal difference.

I’m certainly not counting any chickens yet, but I’m significantly more confident than I was before the game against Raith kicked off.

12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It’s definitely done if we get 3 wins. Raith can only get a maximum of 12 more points, and we’re already 4 ahead. In effect, 8 points from our 4 games should be enough with the disparity in goal difference.

I’m certainly not counting any chickens yet, but I’m significantly more confident than I was before the game against Raith kicked off.

Correct, with the GD any combination of you winning points and/or Raith dropping points that totals 8 gives you the title. I’m also looking forward to the debate on Goodwin, it’s likely to get spicy. Now just lose Friday night and keep the league nice and tight, eh…you’d still be in charge of your own destiny and it would be good for attendance figures!

On 07/04/2024 at 23:18, Alert Mongoose said:

Don't be so bitter toward an aging pop act, it's corrosive. Wee bit advice:  always believe in your soul. You've got the power to know you're indestructible ..........

22 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Win the two home games and that should about do it imo

If you don't really want the points tomorrow night, that's fine with us.

After that we have Arbroath (a) and Raith (H) - two sides (presumably) with nothing to play for, which always gives me the fear. Going to ICT on the final day needing to avoid defeat to avoid them catching us isn't a prospect I'm relishing.

Still nowhere near time to get the cigars out for us. A point at Morton, which isn't a bad result by any stretch, along with a Raith win and we're back to a one-game swing.

The top 2 have both shown multiple times that they're absolutely determined not to make it easy for themselves.

On 10/04/2024 at 14:44, ArabianKnight said:

Now Goodwin has been levelled a fair bit of criticism over the season but with the last few games he's changed things (although the injuries to Holt and Gallagher have forced his hand in this) I do wonder if he'll be reflecting on that and seek how much the reduction of passing between the defenders held us back for long periods.

If we win another 3 games that puts us on a very respectable points tally for the season with a brilliant goal difference. If we go up first time are we gonna jettison Goodwin at the first instance or will we persevere?

I have no doubt that if we go up, Goodwin will stay in charge - any sort of debate would be moot - they're not getting rid at that point.

But taking confidence from him finally cottoning on to what game plan might suit the team after a year in charge, seems a tad optimistic.