Dundee United 23/24

"In celebration of this glorious achievement, I can confirm the immediate departure of Jim Goodwin, in preparation for the arrival of our new manager. I can't yet tell you the new manager's name, but let's say it's Carlo A. No, that's far too obvious, let’s just say it's C Ancelotti"

44 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

"In celebration of this glorious achievement, I can confirm the immediate departure of Jim Goodwin, in preparation for the arrival of our new manager. I can't yet tell you the new manager's name, but let's say it's Carlo A.

Tbf Charlie Adam might need a new job in the wake of Fleetwood's relegation today.

Happy for Chris Mochrie getting the decisive goal yesterday in a match which didn't like up to expectations, and good to see Archie Meekison rush on to the pitch at the end to congratulate him. Nonetheless, I can't see many opportunities for the pair next season at Tannadice, but hope I'm wrong. 

Big changes on the way, I suspect.

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Happy for Chris Mochrie getting the decisive goal yesterday in a match which didn't like up to expectations, and good to see Archie Meekison rush on to the pitch at the end to congratulate him. Nonetheless, I can't see many opportunities for the pair next season at Tannadice, but hope I'm wrong. 

Mochrie is still only 20 so still plenty of time to develop. 

But I suspect you're right about big changes coming. This rumoured investment from down south will likely now be finalised, since everyone knows what league we'll be playing in.

I don't think that should result in a mass turnover of the squad, but some of the players will likely be off.

To my mind, we should keep McMann, Graham, Sibbald, Moult and Mochrie. Holt has been very good, but he's not young and frankly we'll be in a position where we should be looking to bring in someone better for the division. I like Cudjoe but I doubt he'll want to stay.

Certainly we've got a few interesting months ahead.

4 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

Mochrie is still only 20 so still plenty of time to develop. 

But I suspect you're right about big changes coming. This rumoured investment from down south will likely now be finalised, since everyone knows what league we'll be playing in.

I don't think that should result in a mass turnover of the squad, but some of the players will likely be off.

To my mind, we should keep McMann, Graham, Sibbald, Moult and Mochrie. Holt has been very good, but he's not young and frankly we'll be in a position where we should be looking to bring in someone better for the division. I like Cudjoe but I doubt he'll want to stay.

Certainly we've got a few interesting months ahead.

Not convinced about Moult at Premiership level and I’d be surprised if Cudjoe has what it takes at that level too.

I’ve been impressed by Sam McLelland.  Not a sniff until injuries forced Goodwin’s hand but has been impressive since being given the opportunity.  Maybe a cheeky wee bid to the Perth club?

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not convinced about Moult at Premiership level and I’d be surprised if Cudjoe has what it takes at that level too.

I’ve been impressed by Sam McLelland.  Not a sniff until injuries forced Goodwin’s hand but has been impressive since being given the opportunity.  Maybe a cheeky wee bid to the Perth club?

Would be happy for us to bid 100k or similar for him. Young with potential and we should just go for it putting him and Graham in from the start of the season and building the partnership further.

Gallagher for experienced back up plus another would be fine for the prem.

There's no expectation from me for next season other than not going straight back down. Don't really want to see the club over extend with cash in chasing a dream and putting us in a precarious position.

If we can get Walton back, and make some astute signings that keep us up and give a platform to build on I'll be a happy man.

If we get top 6 then that will be great, not expecting cup wins and rainbows though.

There will be a section of the support that's got some serious dissonance between expectations and reality and I'm not looking forward to the inevitable knifes out of things aren't going well.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think there's very little difference between a balanced Premiership squad from 4th down compared to what we've got as Championship winners.

If we let Moult go, he would 100% be snapped up by one of our rivals for next season.

McClelland will probably only come back to us if Saints are relegated but I wouldn't be against it.

Oh and to my earlier post we should definitely resign Miller Thomson.

How's McClelland been played? 

He looked brutally slow to turn/adjust/run when he did play for us, so any balls in the channel were a nightmare as you'd know the opponent was getting the ball.

His chances of playing for us probably depend on what division we're in, and there's more chance he stays if we're relegated if anything.

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I think there are a lot of young guys who haven’t really done much to enhance their reputations this season. One of the only silver linings of being relegated was that I thought it might result in guys like Mochrie, Meekison, McLeod, Cudjoe etc establishing themselves as first team players - it could have been the making of them, but very few of them really managed to make much of an impression. Fotheringham certainly, Graham (if he hadn’t already) and Cudjoe in fits and starts have probably shown they are of the standard required but the rest haven’t done themselves any big favours. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How's McClelland been played? 

He looked brutally slow to turn/adjust/run when he did play for us, so any balls in the channel were a nightmare as you'd know the opponent was getting the ball.

His chances of playing for us probably depend on what division we're in, and there's more chance he stays if we're relegated if anything.

Him and Graham have struck up a good partnership last few games. Doesn't seem to be that slow but he's definitely in the mould of no nonsense defender who clears most of what comes his way. He might not be that great when facing pacier forwards in the prem but he's been good this far.