The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

2 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Daniel o Reilly. Was he any good in the championship? 

He was ok, i guess. Scored a few goals from corners, got sent off in the cup final, and his penalty miss that ultimately relegated us was a shocker.

22 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

He was ok, i guess. Scored a few goals from corners, got sent off in the cup final, and his penalty miss that ultimately relegated us was a shocker.

Rumoured to be in contract talks at Caley. Doesn't sound very inspiring. 

5 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Rumoured to be in contract talks at Caley. Doesn't sound very inspiring. 

I mean he'll probably do ok and be absolutely fine at most Championship clubs. Not sure he'd actually improve a defence, though.

Did well for half a season after arriving, but started last season really poorly and didn't get his shit together until the run in where I thought he performed well.

I think you need to factor in that he was playing in a poorly structured side with a much worse left-back outside him and often had to defend the wide area due to both of those factors which he's been poor at since he arrived. He's good when he's just being asked to aggressively defend a striker, but decision making is not a strong point. 

Definitely seems like a good signing (which is always worrying). Obviously it would be ideal if we get a good partner for him, but Owens might end up getting more of a chance which I wouldn't be averse to, based on his performances in February and March.

Shiels and Tumilty away. No surprise about Tumilty but I thought we might have come to a begrudging agreement with Shiels. 

Martin and Mimnaugh quoted as still being in talks, so I'm guessing everyone else is under contract (u18s + Redfern and Owens). 

It's good having this clarity from the club's website, but they've still got that weird formatting issue and Twitter is a joke. 

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/departure-of-several-players/

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Shiels and Tumilty away. No surprise about Tumilty but I thought we might have come to a begrudging agreement with Shiels. 

Martin and Mimnaugh quoted as still being in talks, so I'm guessing everyone else is under contract (u18s + Redfern and Owens). 

It's good having this clarity from the club's website, but they've still got that weird formatting issue and Twitter is a joke. 

Shiels is mental if he thinks he is going to get a better gig than us and I wouldn’t have even bothered keeping him, good riddance.

With Tumility going yet again we will no doubt go into a season with no recognised RB.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Shiels maybe wants to go part time wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Alloa tbh since they just lost Chruch. No mention of spence here tells me he's signed a new deal at some point which is embarrassing considering he's never had a single good game for us and never looked interested. Hopefully both Martin and Mimnaugh stay. Keeping Martin could be the difference of going straight back up or not so important that we manage to keep him

Tumilty started well but after the Final,he never looked the same player;the same could be said for McGowan also.

Shiels should be getting replaced by young Chrissy McGinn anyway,although I am hearing Stephen Hendrie may be returning.

A central defence of Lee Kilday and Fergus Owens would be good enough for this level.A right back,replacement for Scott Martin if he leaves(I heard Dundee United are interested) and 2 strikers would be my priority.

23 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Tumilty started well but after the Final,he never looked the same player;the same could be said for McGowan also.

Shiels should be getting replaced by young Chrissy McGinn anyway,although I am hearing Stephen Hendrie may be returning.

A central defence of Lee Kilday and Fergus Owens would be good enough for this level.A right back,replacement for Scott Martin if he leaves(I heard Dundee United are interested) and 2 strikers would be my priority.

If Scott Martin leaves. And Mimnaugh also leaves the only midfielder at the club would be Spence. Think regardless of what happens we are going to need a couple midfielders especially considering all of them have a history of being injury prone.

I wouldn't have Mcginn as first choice and would be getting a LB in and have Mcginn as a backup choice We will also need a keeper considering Fulton is leaving cause if we let Jamie Smith be our number 1 choice keeper we are in big trouble. 

4 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I wouldn't have Mcginn as first choice and would be getting a LB in and have Mcginn as a backup choice We will also need a keeper considering Fulton is leaving cause if we let Jamie Smith be our number 1 choice keeper we are in big trouble. 

I don't get the way many of our fans have a dislike of Jamie Smith as he has rarely let the side down and folk forget Fulton was no great shakes when he first came into the team.

What he needs is a run of games and this League will provide that although we also need a back up if and when Fulton leaves.

8 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I don't get the way many of our fans have a dislike of Jamie Smith as he has rarely let the side down and folk forget Fulton was no great shakes when he first came into the team.

What he needs is a run of games and this League will provide that although we also need a back up if and when Fulton leaves.

Jamie Smith has been terrible in nearly every game he's played in sadly was shocking in the 4-4 Cove game. Was terrible against Clyde making a number of mistakes and a couple lead to goals. And Gave away a pen and probably should of been sent off against Alloa. If we are seriously wanting to get promoted we need a first choice keeper.