The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

I would hope we are looking at attempting to bring back Lee Hodson seen that Falkirk were apparently intrested in him and Tumilty. With rumoured signings seems like we are also signing Jackson Longridge which I think is another really good signing so will Hendrie even play? Or will he just be a backup? Asked QOTS fans their thoughts on Hendrie on their thread and the majority of there fans weren't bothered he was leaving so that might not be a great signing. Doesn't make sense signing 2 Left backs when we already have Mcginn. When we don't have a single back.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Stephen Hendrie in for Shiels is a massive improvement, but losing Tumilty and even Doyle for no Rightback at all is a worry just now.

I am just warning you I don't think Hendrie is anywhere near as good as what he used to be. From what I've seen and heard recently Jackson Longridge will be a better signing 

1 minute ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I am just warning you I don't think Hendrie is anywhere near as good as what he used to be. From what I've seen and heard recently Jackson Longridge will be a better signing 

We had Longridge for the second half of last season. He was in a side desperately low on confidence, savaged by terrible recruitment so difficult for me to fully assess him.

From what I saw though he's positionally sound, has game awareness and would be more than capable in L1. A good signing.

Offensively I felt he offered very little, he seemingly didn't want to get forward and when he did there was little end product. Would get more freedom in L1 and might well look much better in this facet of his game. Can see why he might need to drop down 2 divisions as he would likely be 2nd choice for many Championship sides.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We had Longridge for the second half of last season. He was in a side desperately low on confidence, savaged by terrible recruitment so difficult for me to fully assess him.

From what I saw though he's positionally sound, has game awareness and would be more than capable in L1. A good signing.

Offensively I felt he offered very little, he seemingly didn't want to get forward and when he did there was little end product. Would get more freedom in L1 and might well look much better in this facet of his game. Can see why he might need to drop down 2 divisions as he would likely be 2nd choice for many Championship sides.

Yeah tbf I've always liked Longridge I think he will be a good signing not surprised it didn't work amazingly at Cove regarding who your manager is currently. I can't believe you've kept Hartley tbh. A lot of accies fans wanted Rankin gone which is probably sort of justfied but I would much rather have Rankin than  Hartley. I have a feeling that Hartley will be the reason Cove don't even get into the playoffs this season 

I've liked Henderson before but O'Hara and Hendrie are quite iffy signings imo. Need to be careful that we don't fall into the trap of summer 2018 and 2019 where jokers like Tom Taiwo, Sam Kelly and Owain Fon Williams were getting hyped just because folk had heard of them/their team. 

I'm very happy with Henderson and O'Hara. Hendrie is a iffy signing though he was bang average last season for QOTS. Like I said with us apparently signing Jackson Longridge as well will that just mean that Hendrie is a backup? Don't get the Hendrie signing though to be a backup does it show that the club don't really rate McGinn? I'm not wanting Mcginn to be a starter but I think it would be more than fair to have him as a backup.

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I've liked Henderson before but O'Hara and Hendrie are quite iffy signings imo. Need to be careful that we don't fall into the trap of summer 2018 and 2019 where jokers like Tom Taiwo, Sam Kelly and Owain Fon Williams were getting hyped just because folk had heard of them/their team. 

Genuinely who tf was hyping Sam Kelly because we had signed a reject from Grimsby?!

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Good to see J Longridge signed, hopefully meaning we've passed on Hendrie, I never rated him and was shocked when he got a move to West Ham. He was always so slow and couldn't really tackle, think the only time he looked ok was in Neil's prem team which tbh, you'd really need to be horrific to get noticed in that team.

Not sure about O'Hara, seems like another striker who can't score, I was looking up the scorers for league 1 last season and his name didn't come up at all. Would much rather we got Henderson.

Both Lewis Spence and Regean Mimnaugh become the next 2 to leave mixed emotions about this I actually rate Mimnaugh quite a bit and thought he would of done well in league 1 however I couldn't be happier to see the back of Spence guy should of been punted after what he did at Dundee Spence was always injured and when he was fit he couldn't of looked anymore uninterested than what he did however this now leaves us with only Scott Martin and Gabe Forsyth in the midfield and Forsyth is also leaving a lot of Midfielders are needed.

Kyle Macdonald signs on a 2 year deal with all the 526 rumours going around that wasn't one of them good to see we've signed a right back and a left back though and we aren't relying on Midfielders or Center half's to play there this season that's us got a lot of good defending options now hopefully we can add some Midfielders and forwards now. 

30 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Kyle Macdonald signs on a 2 year deal with all the 526 rumours going around that wasn't one of them good to see we've signed a right back and a left back though and we aren't relying on Midfielders or Center half's to play there this season that's us got a lot of good defending options now hopefully we can add some Midfielders and forwards now. 

MacDonald will do well for you. Good attacking full back - definitely best as a wing back though, as he’s quite poor defensively. Can put in a great cross and not afraid to charge forward.

If the O’Hara rumours are true, I’d back him to do fairly well. He couldn’t really get a game ahead of Wighton/Todorov/McCann last season, but scored a few goals. Had a decent spell in our last season in the championship, but ultimately just wasn’t really a good fit here.

Both players work very hard for the team and have the ability to be very useful players in League 1 anyway.

Lots of (hopefully🤞) positive activity. Like a lot of folk i have been critical of how poorly we have prepared during many a close season. If nothing else at least the club have got up off their collective bahookies. 

Edited by Beckford

Based on posts on here, it sounds like MacDonald and Longridge are very different full-backs which hopefully doesn't lead to an imbalance if they turn out to be first-choice. 

Shame to see Mimnaugh leaving. I thought he did alright last season but he didn't end up doing enough after breaking through.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Shame to see Mimnaugh leaving

Nah he's rotten. Mental to think how much playing time he got in the Premiership tbh.

Pleasing to see the deadwood getting shipped out IMO.

Edited by Todd_is_God