The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

50 minutes ago, Skondras said:

Dylan Tait signs on loan from Hibs. Don't know much about him. 

Looked fairly exciting coming through at Raith between 2019-2021. Box to box midfielder, energetic and a good eye for goal if a bit rash in defence.

Moved to Hibs for 150k and then loaned back for a bit. Spent last season on loan to Arbroath where it just didn't seem to work for him at all. He desperately needs this move to course correct his career.

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Totally passed me by that McGowan is on his way out. Good riddance to him and hopefully that's the last we see of that shit stain in football. 

Not really. He will still own the stadium so we are stuck with him for a while yet.

24 minutes ago, renton said:

Looked fairly exciting coming through at Raith between 2019-2021. Box to box midfielder, energetic and a good eye for goal if a bit rash in defence.

Moved to Hibs for 150k and then loaned back for a bit. Spent last season on loan to Arbroath where it just didn't seem to work for him at all. He desperately needs this move to course correct his career.

Seems we've signed a few like that. Taking chances on those kinds of players has worked for us plenty of times in the past so I'm not against it, although it's less appealing when they're only in on loan. 

6 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Not really. He will still own the stadium so we are stuck with him for a while yet.

Ah, crap. He enjoys pulling that trick unfortunately. 

An absolute dick of a man. 

I think this is the replacement for Connor tbh because I think the club have accepted that there's no chance we are getting him back even on a loan. However I'm quite happy with Dylan a player that I've rated for quite a while didn't work out though at Arbroath but I expect him to do very well in league 1

We have a better squad now than we had last season in The Championship.

Another decent signing for this level and it will be supplemented by some of the Under 18's like Paddy Meechan,Cian Newberry,Chrissy McGinn  and Liam Morgan(better than Ryan One/Ben Black).

Only downside of recent activity is that the outgoing stars from the Under 18's will weaken the team for their European games but the money from their sales has enabled us to build this squad, so  a Catch 22 scenario.

It might go all Pete Tong, but the fans are looking forward to this season with optimism  for the first time in many years.

We've had about 18 senior players leave and the only real losses from those are Connor, Dylan McGowan and Dan. would of been nice to of kept the guys going that are going down south but if we are getting OK money I'm OK with it great opportunity for those 3 guys as well. 

3 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

We have a better squad now than we had last season in The Championship.

Another decent signing for this level and it will be supplemented by some of the Under 18's like Paddy Meechan,Cian Newberry,Chrissy McGinn  and Liam Morgan(better than Ryan One/Ben Black).

Only downside of recent activity is that the outgoing stars from the Under 18's will weaken the team for their European games but the money from their sales has enabled us to build this squad, so  a Catch 22 scenario.

It might go all Pete Tong, but the fans are looking forward to this season with optimism  for the first time in many years.

I’d add in Lewis Latona, he reminds me of Billy Gilmour, very rarely gives the ball away and is stronger than he looks.

The one thing annoying me about all these signings is the club having to shoe horn references as to how great Gerry Strain is in every one of the announcements. It’s not going to make a big chunk of the fan base forgive him any quicker imo.

Last minute winner to beat TNS 2-1

Team that started will probably be close to what our starting 11 will be against Clyde - Tait looked decent after coming on & good feet then finish from McGlynn for the 2nd goal.

TNS had a mix of 1st team & youth players up so although definitely a step up in pre-season opposition the 1st actual competitive game will be the test.

13 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Last minute winner to beat TNS 2-1

Team that started will probably be close to what our starting 11 will be against Clyde - Tait looked decent after coming on & good feet then finish from McGlynn for the 2nd goal.

TNS had a mix of 1st team & youth players up so although definitely a step up in pre-season opposition the 1st actual competitive game will be the test.

What was the starting lineup? I've not made any of the friendlies.

57 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

What was the starting lineup? I've not made any of the friendlies.

Last night it was 

J.Smith

Tumilty Owens Kilday Longridge

Macdonald Martin

One Henderson L.Smith

O'Hara

Tried and failed to get a season ticket on fanbase earlier, couldn't get past phone number verification. Seemed to be linked to email address and I've changed phones at least twice since I set up my email account. Anyway, had a count of the seats that were not available ie the STs that have been renewed. Came to only 209 yet the club are saying on the website that a record number have renewed. Didn't realise that they don't issue STs for sections 2 & 6.