The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

Chrissy McGinn's also signed an extension. I'm interested to see how that plays out as I put him in the Kyle Munro* category of being capable of exploding or just bottoming out. 

*although they're much different left-backs

6 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Euan Henderson confirmed as well. Some decent signings to be fair - most of them better than some of the imposters we had last season.

That's a very good signing to be fair. If he can hit the purple patch that he did at Alloa with any consistency then Accies could have done great business. Wonder if Henderson does need a big target man alongside him or if a partnership with someone like O'Hara would work as effectively?

2 year deal should work for both parties. If he lights up the league there will be interest from the league above. 

👏

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Just now, AJ77 said:

Yous aren’t messing about some great signings for this league, would’ve liked to seen Scott Martin at us this season but fair play.

Amazing that Colin McGowan loses a bit of control and we suddenly invest in the team.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Amazing that Colin McGowan loses a bit of control and we suddenly invest in the team.

Aye no shock there, positive he was sniffing about airdrie a few years back as well, well avoided!

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Jamie Barjonas. I've been enjoying the views of other fans after every signing so hopefully another one pops in soon. 

I think Barjonas will be a good signing for you L1 I didn’t want him back at rovers as I don’t think he’s good enough for the championship, also the links to us in the summer was a load of tosh or he would’ve been in the door by now if true because no offence I don’t think you could offer more than us 

Think Euan Hendersons time at Alloa shows that he's got a lot of potential in him I'm really excited about this signing might of not worked at QP but that doesn't worry me at all tbh also Rankin knows him very well from his time at Alloa

1 minute ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Think Euan Hendersons time at Alloa shows that he's got a lot of potential in him I'm really excited about this signing might of not worked at QP but that doesn't worry me at all tbh also Rankin knows him very well from his time at Alloa

And he must be better than JPT and Benny the Seal.

7 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

And he must be better than JPT and Benny the Seal.

Yep 100% however I think he will be playing left wing as that's where his success came for Alloa. Zannata must be getting nervous Henderson signed One hasn't left yet and there's rumours about Louis Longridge returning he could be set to be 3rd or 4th choice for us can completely see him throwing a fit and joining Cove or QOTS by the end of the window. And joining a new club for the 9th season in the row think that sums Zannata up tbh 

I'll be interested to see how Kevin O'Hara and Euan Henderson do at Accies. Both did very well at Alloa, but I think that's been both of their respective career peaks, so far.

Both are quick, very quick in Henderson's case, but the difference in apparent attitude could not be larger. O'Hara will run all day, hassle/close down and never let his head go down.

Henderson on the other hand has just about the poorest body language I've seen on the pitch. I'm sure that's the reason he's ended up in league one as he has the raw ability to comfortably play at a higher level.

I'd say they were both better through the middle, rather than out wide. Hope they both do well, but especially Kevin.

Sour taste in my mouth with Henderson and O'Hara both signing for you guys. I think that'll guarantee a fair few goals and inevitably give you an outlet to perform well. Can only hope midfield recruitment is awful at this point and they get no service but I'm not convinced.

43 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Sour taste in my mouth with Henderson and O'Hara both signing for you guys. I think that'll guarantee a fair few goals and inevitably give you an outlet to perform well. Can only hope midfield recruitment is awful at this point and they get no service but I'm not convinced.

We've already got Scott Martin and Barjonas so I don't think that's going to happen