The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

35 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Getting Tumilty back is genuinely the best move we’ve made this summer. The club really are pushing the boat out this season, pity they couldn’t be even half as arsed last season.

At this rate we're either going to be in the Premiership Playoffs in 24/25 or out of business

4 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Getting Tumilty back is genuinely the best move we’ve made this summer. The club really are pushing the boat out this season, pity they couldn’t be even half as arsed last season.

Why is that is the take over complete, or has that p***k McGowan cashed out, by overspending on the squad,,   Football wise the signings look all pretty decent,  and you should definitely be up there with the Humza 11..

16 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Reghan Tumility signs a 2 year deal. Flattered to deceive a bit but should do fine in League 1.

I think that's fair. He was effective at getting up the wing and into dangerous positions, but I don't think he was effective as he should have been in the final third. I still think it's good to get him signed up though. 

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

Why is that is the take over complete, or has that p***k McGowan cashed out, by overspending on the squad,,   Football wise the signings look all pretty decent,  and you should definitely be up there with the Humza 11..

It's hard to say at the moment. I don't think there's been any announcement about the takeover being complete yet, but they're clearly trying to change "the culture*" with the improved social media output and more proactive transfers. It's easiest to do that during the summer while there aren't any actual games to let you down though. 

*As did Brian Rice in 2019, Stuart Taylor in 2021 and Ronnie MacDonald in 2022. 

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I think that's fair. He was effective at getting up the wing and into dangerous positions, but I don't think he was effective as he should have been in the final third. I still think it's good to get him signed up though. 

It's hard to say at the moment. I don't think there's been any announcement about the takeover being complete yet, but they're clearly trying to change "the culture*" with the improved social media output and more proactive transfers. It's easiest to do that during the summer while there aren't any actual games to let you down though. 

Seref Zengin gave the impression that the takeover is a done deal and will be announced after he returns from a family weekend.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Seref Zengin gave the impression that the takeover is a done deal and will be announced after he returns from a family weekend.

Good news, I was holding off renewing my season ticket until the takeover was confirmed.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

In the past though it's just been talk rather than actions so far this season we've actually seen actions and had our best transfer window in a long time so far. We just need to hope this can continue so far though Zengin seems to have the best intentions for the club. 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

In the past though it's just been talk rather than actions so far this season we've actually seen actions and had our best transfer window in a long time so far. We just need to hope this can continue so far though Zengin seems to have the best intentions for the club. 

There's no way to know this until we start playing games. 

Summer holidays to Hamilton for all Cove fans then! I stayed down in Strathaven for just under a year whilst working on a contract for ScottishPower in 2009. Relatively short distance from you.

2 trips in a week..Good chance to suss each other out early and should be competitive matches.

13 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Accies confirmed Forsyth to Norwich and McDonald to Leeds and One to Brighton will be done soon. Should make about £600k to £700k out of that.

...and hopefully more down the road with appropriate sell-on fee clauses etc written in.

Seems like the guys on trial last night were Darren Lyon, Connor Murray from QOTS and Finn Robson who has left Dundee United. Seems like they would all just be cover players maybe Murray would start but I don't think the other 2 would. We do need depth in the midfield as we currently only have 2 senior midfielders